• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN U Added to Brighthouse Cable in Orlando

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I am actually hopeful that the rollout is based upon a test-run in a selected mid-sized market. Hopefully, if all goes well there over the next month, they will roll it out across all of their markets. But geez, at least use Tampa as the study market.

Orlando is a top 20 market in the country. Far from mid, it's more than likely from customer response.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

As an example, no Fox Sports Net, so I was at a bar to watch Wednesday's Hockey Game.

The no FSN was due to a fight the two got into back when it was "sportschannel." Sadly because the former TimeWarner Cable Orlando decided to have nothing to do with the channel and it has been that way since.

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

I have sent many an email to BHN requesting both ESPNU and ESPN2HD.  We just got ESPN2HD in Tampa, hopefully it's here to stay.  

• Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Without spliting hairs, Orlando is outside the Top 20 by most indicators as far as market size goes.

We also recently had ESPN2 HD added to the HD Pak. Let me tell you, what a difference the HD makes from the standard feed of ESPN 2 to the HD feed. I have always thought that the clarity of ESPN2 was substandard and grainy compared to most other networks (with PBS maybe being the worst). Now it is a great crisp picture, identical to ESPN HD.

Without spliting hairs, Orlando is outside the Top 20 by most indicators as far as market size goes.

We also recently had ESPN2 HD added to the HD Pak. Let me tell you, what a difference the HD makes from the standard feed of ESPN 2 to the HD feed. I have always thought that the clarity of ESPN2 was substandard and grainy compared to most other networks (with PBS maybe being the worst). Now it is a great crisp picture, identical to ESPN HD.

You're right, it is night and day compared to the standard ESPN2.  On a side note, has anyone noticed the new ION channel (formerly PAX) which broadcasts D-Ray games?  They have an "HD" channel.  Problem being it's not even close to HD, it's just stretched out to fill the 16:9 aspect screen.  Nice try.  Hopefully someday we can watch our Rays in true HD.  

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Hopefully someday we can watch our Rays in true HD.  

Feb. 2009 all will be in HD.

• Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Originally, all channels were to be in HD by the beginning of 2007. Then, with some belly-aching by the parties involved, the FCC extended the deadline to April 1, 2009. As of April 1, 2009, there will no longer be analog television signals.

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

I thought they show most in HD on channel 600 something

I thought they show most in HD on channel 600 something

They show them on that channel, but it isn't hd, just the same picture that they have on channel 17 stretched to fit the widescreen tv.  If you compare both channels, you will see that the players look fatter on the HD channel and you are getting the same field of view horizontally.

Archived