• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Whats up with Brett McMurphy ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

I know it isn't big news time for USF football but it is spring practice and the game is this Saturday.  So how come nothing on his blog about USF football since MARCH 23 and that was about the suspended players.  I know he was all over the search for our new mens head basketball coach but nothing in three weeks about football ?  Is there more to this story ?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

He mst be on vacation because you know he'd have been all over this Amp Hill thing ..... although, maybe THAT's where he is, deep undercover getting the REAL scoop on Sharpiegate.

• Content Count:  477

I saw him at the tiki bar on Siesta Key....

He said he needed a break.

• Content Count:  1,991

Maybe he is in depression, ever since Greg was the first to break the Stan Heath Signing  

• Content Count:  307

You think if we organized a mass e-mailing we could get him reassigned permantely?  I bet the trib has some hotshot young reporter...possibly a usf grad...stashed somewhere who might like the job.

• Content Count:  1,911

You think if we organized a mass e-mailing we could get him reassigned permantely?  I bet the trib has some hotshot young reporter...possibly a usf grad...stashed somewhere who might like the job.

Who would report the ACTUAL news then?  reassigned?  maybe promoted to a big city/bigger university paper where the fans want the truth, positive or negative, not all cream puff articles.  some of us usf fans are too sensitive.

• Content Count:  1,911

I'm sure he's out looking for a pot to stir.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Who would report the ACTUAL news then?  reassigned?  maybe promoted to a big city/bigger university paper where the fans want the truth, positive or negative, not all cream puff articles.  some of us usf fans are too sensitive.

ding ding ding.... we have a winner

• Content Count:  2,511

Who would report the ACTUAL news then?  reassigned?  maybe promoted to a big city/bigger university paper where the fans want the truth, positive or negative, not all cream puff articles.  [highlight]some of us usf fans are too sensitive.[/highlight]

Your comment that I highlighted is the truth.

All that bellyaching about Brett's expose on Eddie Cardieri last year, even though all of that "negative" reporting was from reliable sources.  The baseball program was in shambles, and Brett was the only reporter to have the courage to report it.  Look at the baseball team now; one year later with Lelo Prado and we look like one of the top three teams in the BIG EAST.

If any "reassignment" of Brett is required, then what the mainstream media needs is an army of Brett's to replace the clowns currently covering the White House and the US legislative branch.  The press corps on the Capital need less sycophants and more strait shooters.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Good, send Brett to cover the white house then.

Archived