• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Whats up with Brett McMurphy ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Three weeks without a word on his blog about spring football sure puts a question in my mind.  Has he not shown up to any practice that is open to the press ?  We aren't looking for headline news - it's a bolg where little tidbits get posted that otherwise wouldn't make it to the paper for fanatical fans like most folks here on this board.  Has he not talked to any coaches or players ?  Addmision by ommision sometimes it says alot.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

keep up the good work Brett

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Three weeks without a word on his blog about spring football sure puts a question in my mind.  Has he not shown up to any practice that is open to the press ?  We aren't looking for headline news - it's a bolg where little tidbits get posted that otherwise wouldn't make it to the paper for fanatical fans like most folks here on this board.  Has he not talked to any coaches or players ?  Addmision by ommision sometimes it says alot.

According to Greg and Josh, there has been unprecedented access this Spring.  Why someone would choose not to take advantage of that, well, you take a guess.

• Content Count:  928

Being fairly new to Tampa still, I know what a good paper consists of. That being said, I will never pay for the Tampa Tribune.

• Content Count:  928

Why all the hate for the trib?  I am new to the board, so I might have missed something big, but I have always checked both papers for news on the Bulls.  Yeah the trib reports less, but not that much less.  I have always thought that if there was a beef it was that the Bulls always seem to be pushed into the middle of the college sports section.  I don't expect to get better coverage than the bucs, but better than UF, FSU, and Miami

Many ppl on this board think the Trib has it out for USF. They think that reporters shouldnt report negative news.

brett was pro usf and great for usf for years

this anti brett stuff is nonsense

You're the biggest pile of nonsense.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Why all the hate for the trib?  I am new to the board, so I might have missed something big, but I have always checked both papers for news on the Bulls.  Yeah the trib reports less, but not that much less.  I have always thought that if there was a beef it was that the Bulls always seem to be pushed into the middle of the college sports section.  I don't expect to get better coverage than the bucs, but better than UF, FSU, and Miami

Many ppl on this board think the Trib has it out for USF. [highlight]They think that reporters shouldnt report negative news. [/highlight]

Unsubstantiated rumors are not news. This is what some of you McGroupies can't seem to comprehend...

Since many fans like the fact that the St Pete Times PAYS USF $$$$$ every year for the honor to be the "official" newspaper of USF Athletics...and generally only write POSITIVE articles about USF....some fans don't like it when an independent source (not a title sponsor) writes fair, objective articles...which are both positive and negative.

I think some folks don't like "objective" reporting.

[smiley=loser.gif]

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

In the chat last night, knightfan asked a question regarding KL's comments re: SPT and USF.  Obsessed.

In the chat last night, knightfan asked a question regarding KL's comments re: SPT and USF.  Obsessed.

I still think K_L has pictures of you...

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Brett has definitely gotten to be a bit negative about USF the past year or so.  It isn't that he's covering negative issues, its that he tries to make everything out to be negative.  it is one thing to report the facts, and another thing to present them in a manner that attempts to draw a specific opinion.  That's really the only issue I have with him.  Personally, I want the negative stories to come out, I don't want them hidden.  When things hit the press, it brings change, and I don't want our program or athletes to feel they can get away with anything that they shouldn't be doing.

Archived