• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Whats up with Brett McMurphy ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  0

Or how about send him to cover the Largo City Manager fiasco.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18

Brett has done a good job writing about USF sports for a long time. However; covering one schools athletic program for such a long time could definitely become “stale†to say the least. Also I think he was the 1st one to report the suspensions of Chambers, Ponton and Julmiste last year, which really ticked off CJL. A new beginning for both parties may generate a lot more interesting/frequent content.

• Content Count:  1,757

Don't forget all the wonderful crap err "truth" he reported about Amarri last year.  Or his inside scoop as to who would be the QB starter.

• Content Count:  385

Why all the hate for the trib?  I am new to the board, so I might have missed something big, but I have always checked both papers for news on the Bulls.  Yeah the trib reports less, but not that much less.  I have always thought that if there was a beef it was that the Bulls always seem to be pushed into the middle of the college sports section.  I don't expect to get better coverage than the bucs, but better than UF, FSU, and Miami

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Why all the hate for the trib?  I am new to the board, so I might have missed something big, but I have always checked both papers for news on the Bulls.  Yeah the trib reports less, but not that much less.  I have always thought that if there was a beef it was that the Bulls always seem to be pushed into the middle of the college sports section.  I don't expect to get better coverage than the bucs, but better than UF, FSU, and Miami

Many ppl on this board think the Trib has it out for USF. They think that reporters shouldnt report negative news.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

Since many fans like the fact that the St Pete Times PAYS USF $$$$$ every year for the honor to be the "official" newspaper of USF Athletics...and generally only write POSITIVE articles about USF....some fans don't like it when an independent source (not a title sponsor) writes fair, objective articles...which are both positive and negative.

I think some folks don't like "objective" reporting.

• Content Count:  339

The trib rarely writes a "positive" article about USF football.  Negative articles overfloweth.  And Brett never misses an opportunity to take a shot at USF/CJL when he has the chance.  when you read one of Brett's articles you get the feeling that he truly has an ax to grind with the program.  It's no secret that there is personal grudge against CJL and it shows in his articles.

Any recent news on Brian Fisher in Brett's blog?  I wouldn't be surprised.  How about the suspended players from last year (that was only mentioned in every other article for the rest of the season just to remind everyone of how terrible our entire team is).

• Content Count:  477

CJL should know -- you can't mess with the 3rd estate.

Just ask **** Nixon...

You can't win.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Many ppl on this board think the Trib has it out for USF. They think that reporters shouldnt report negative news.

brett was pro usf and great for usf for years

this anti brett stuff is nonsense

Archived