• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Herbstreit Snubs USF

Guest JulmisteForPrez

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I loved when he snubbed us before the UL game in 2005.

He ate his words after the game was over, that's fa sho...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

I have a problem with all three of the gameday crew.

Chris Fowler for his commuter school comment and overall lack of respect before the ARMY game that we destroyed them in.

Lee Corso for ******* around with our mascot head at the same game.

Herbstreit in general for being a moron and changes his opinion 180 degrees whenever it suits him-- not to mention the Ohio State/big ten bias

and ALL THREE for the crap they said about the Big East ALL year long in 2005 but never retracted their statements even after WVU beat the SEC champs in the BCS bowl game.

Basically-- these guys are just talking heads, reading whatever ESPN feeds them 80% of the time and throwing in their little slights to fill in the gaps. THey also tend to play to whatever crowd of dumbasses is cheering behind them.

• Content Count:  928
  • Days Won:  0

The problem with such a young program experiencing early success is the attitudes of the fan base supercede the progress of the program. How long, exactly, are we going to ride the UofL victory in 2005? We haven't even been ranked yet! Beating Auburn is NOT a given, neither is beating 'Cuse. However, WV is expected to beat teams like 'Cuse and UCONN year-in, year-out. We are not there and contrary to beliefs on msg boards, we are still a dark horse for the BIG EAST championships. Rutgers had an amazing season, which I'm not too convinced will be repeated, but that is why they are mentioned in the top 3.

What I'm saying is that as fans, all we talk about is our 2 victories over top 10 teams over the past two years but other people see our losses to Kansas, cincy, and a close game with FIU - the worst team in D1. Sure, we can make excuses all day for those games (like WV does for losing to us) but the fact is, we have not proven consistency...except when we embarrass the Tinmen every time they see any shade of green.

No one talked about Rutgers this time last year because they hadn't proven anything to anyone. Now after they went 11-2, they are the talk of the Media still. Why? Because they won games the shouldn't have AND games they should have. (except Cincy).

Do I think 2007 will be a special year to be a SOUTH FLORIDA BULL? HELL YEAH! but I can understand why people aren't predicting us to win the Big East. Matt Grothe is the most spectacular QB is have seen play in a long time but we're also in a conference were 2 other QB's are legit hiesman candidates.

I not going to predict a 13-0 season but I except us to beat 'Cuse, UCONN, and PITT consistantly from now on.

GO BULLS!!!

oh, and UCF is our biotch

• Content Count:  63

UL and WVU deserve their preseason rankings, but Rutgers will be losing a lot of players and I think fair observers would put us with or above Rutgers. AND we play the big boys in RJ. If we can pick one of them off then it could get real interesting in the Big East. I for one think that WVU will have some problems with the Tampa heat in late September.

• Content Count:  4,879

Until our big wins are not upsets, this is how we will be perceived.

If things come together as they could this season, this will change.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Well said Sea

• Content Count:  2,523

Sea is right.  We're all homers here and as excited as we are about our returning guys, don't think WVU isn't excited with Slaton and White back and UL isn't excited about Brohm coming back who will more than likely be a top ten pick in the draft next year.  Those are some "STUD" players right there folks.  PROVEN studs.  We have POTENTIAL studs.  That's the difference between being recognized in preseason polls and comments like those above.  This team has a ton of potential to do great things, will they?  We don't know yet.

Groethe did GREAT last year, but remember, even this year he's still only a soph!  You usually don't count on QBs being their best until their Jr./Sr. years and these best recruiting classes won't be on the field for the most part till 2008/2009 either.  So we may be jumping the gun stating how we're going to roll the Big East this year.  Do we have the POTENTIAL to do it? Yes we do.  Is it likely we beat Auburn, WVU, UL AND RU?  Nope.  Even if we beat two of these and lose to two others with winning ALL of our other games, we're not a lock for anything starting the year unranked.

The Big East is going to be won by whoever can sweep the big boys and not drop a single game to Ciny, Uconn, Cuse etc.  Our team will be good, but we aren't dominant enough yet to where we can automatically chalk up wins against anyone but a top 15 team.  Not this year.  Next year?  Maybe, but not this year.  This is the year we have to prove we belong and that means wiping the floor, (not just beating, but beating bad) the lower tier teams on our schedule.  We better beat Elon 56-7 if people are going to take us seriously right away.  Anything less than a buttwhoopin there and the win will have no value for us on any level towards shifting perception.  At least a whooping there gets people's attention so they follow you the next few weeks to see if it was bc we're "that good" or Elon sucked that bad.

I know one thing, I'm excited about where this team is heading.  To think Groethe will have 2 more years after this one along with these other studs we're bringing in is pretty darn exciting.

• Content Count:  4,501

Well that was brilliant.  All we talk about is our two big wins.  What do you do in life talk about how mediocre your achievments are ?

Who on this board thinks we will "WIN" the BE ?  Alot may hope but I don't see anyone who "EXPECTS" us to win the BE.

We have every right to feel slighted by not even being mentioned as a darkhorse or "keep an eye on those Bulls".  Afterall, we finished strong last year and got most of our team back with some new potential impact players.

We will show it on the field and that is all that counts.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Of course I fully expect the team to play hard enough to put us in BE championship contention.  Our consistency is an issue as well as 2 other items, penalties and turn overs.

If we handle these issues, we could very well win the BE.  We can not let our guard down.  We have to play a full 60 minutes at full steam.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

Well that was brilliant.  All we talk about is our two big wins.  What do you do in life talk about how mediocre your achievments are ?

Who on this board thinks we will "WIN" the BE ?  Alot may hope but I don't see anyone who "EXPECTS" us to win the BE.

We have every right to feel slighted by not even being mentioned as a darkhorse or "keep an eye on those Bulls".  Afterall, we finished strong last year and got most of our team back with some new potential impact players.

We will show it on the field and that is all that counts.

true-- that was the point of this thread--- not are we overenthusiastic about our chances but that the gameday crew is incompetant

Archived