• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF, the next football superpower?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

^Well said!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Blade, agree completely.

In ANY situation, you have some growing pains. Even the God gifted athlete still has to learn his or her game.

Tiger started at three years old, is the best golfer in the world, and still hits some of the worst shots you'll see in golf. He just normally follows that with one of the best you'll see in golf.

We seem to puke a game a year, so far. The next step up this ladder we're on is being consistent for 12 - 13 games in a row.

We're almost there!

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

I think expectations are starting to get a little high.

A good first step would be to go to get ranked on a regular basis.

i think we are expecting a lot out of a still very young program.

auburn will be a very good bench mark.

hopefully we can keep it close.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

Can't win with some of our fans.  We want national press...we get it often now with Matt and the football team....still we don't seem happy.

I wonder if Brett or Greg will pick this up and get it into wider local print.  What about that *:!!" Martin Fenley or whatever it is?   Is this stuff too positive to take note of....somebody on the national level gets it...what's wrong with the morons at the Trib???

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

As Winston Wolf said in Pulp Fiction, "Lets not go sucking each other's d!**s just yet gentlemen.

Alot of work needs to be done before this happens.  This you have to earn, they just don't annoint teams that had good records.  

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  477

very good movie clip...

"I am Winston Wolf and I solve problems."

Guest r_to_the_izzo

I think in todays age, it doesnt take 25 years to become a national power. Every single play of every single game can be seen or heard around the world. People are exposed to the USF's of the world at a much faster pace than 20 years ago.

I think if the program continues to grow at the pace it is growing at, we will be a power in the next 7-10 years.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

I think in todays age, it doesnt take 25 years to become a national power. Every single play of every single game can be seen or heard around the world. People are exposed to the USF's of the world at a much faster pace than 20 years ago.

I think if the program continues to grow at the pace it is growing at, we will be a power in the next 7-10 years.

and I would add that the second USF starts getting that noteriety, the media will clamor at a national level (especially ESPN) that Coach Leavitt will be heading to another school or possibly the pros (less likely). Even a school like UF isn't immune to this type of treatment when you consider all the rumors about Billy D heading to Kentucky even while he is trying to win another NC.

I think this type of talk is total crap. MAYBE it is correct in certain cases but the people who do this speculating treat schools like USF as nobodies and undeserving of great coaches. Whatever happened to loyalty, tradition, and pride in building something? Is it really all about money now? If we are fortunate enough to have great success and not lose our coach--- that would be fantastic. It would certainly stick it to the media jerks who try to make stories and create controversies simply to fill air time far too often. WVU is lucky to have a coach like RR who is sticking it out with his team and didn't jump for the ELITE SUPERPOWER team and it's money and assumed prestige. SOme of these schools act like they own college sports and it is flat out sickening.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Unfortunately those are the times now. A coach is only as good as his last season and youll see fans and donors just as quickly turn on a coach when they lose as they were haling him when he won.

A few losing seasons and that coach will get fired. So loyalty goes both ways and coachs know that there are good times and bad times, the problem schools wont let coaches survive the bad times. So they need to make the most while they are winning and wanted.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

CJL has the vision to make it happen...  I say earlier than the article expects tho.