• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

And you thought the Tribune was bad...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Hey Tom Jones, "What's new PussyCat"?

No response?

Is that because "he's a Lady"?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

^+10 points for combining two songs!

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

DW is becoming the laughing stock of the local media.

Easy for the media to take pot shots at DW because he has said that he will not comment on the search. This just shows a lack of respect on their part.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

They are just trying to bait DW into talking about whats happenning, at the end if DW gets Heath theyll be singing a different tune.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  292

I agree that I never expected the Times to write an article like that about USF...even though some of the comments are funny.  I think both papers are really hurting USF's chances of hiring a decent coach.  Granted, most of these coaches are getting direct information from DW but you in todays world of instant info, I'm sure people are feeding these types of articles to candidates as a "hey did you read this article?".

Maybe it's their way of getting back at DW for not discussing the hiring process with media?  Is it usual for a school or AD to not discuss this process?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  57

Sorry, didn't bother reading the rest after T. Jones decided to create facts with, "Can USF find anyone to coach its men's basketball team? Yeesh, when guys such as Fran Fraschilla are turning you down, you have problems."

So Tom, did you confirm that a formal offer was made to Fraschilla?  Could it be that Fran was opportunistic and used the media to put his name out there by "withdrawing" from consideration.  Who knows which is accurate, but I am sure it goes against journalistic principals to go to print with a fact that has not been verified.

I've said this before, I want this guy's job.  Little to no accountability, just sell papers.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

these articles would be written anywhere. The same would be done at UF if they were in the same situation.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Sorry, didn't bother reading the rest after T. Jones decided to create facts with, "Can USF find anyone to coach its men's basketball team? Yeesh, when guys such as Fran Fraschilla are turning you down, you have problems."

So Tom, did you confirm that a formal offer was made to Fraschilla?  Could it be that Fran was opportunistic and used the media to put his name out there by "withdrawing" from consideration.  Who knows which is accurate, but I am sure it goes against journalistic principals to go to print with a fact that has not been verified.

I've said this before, I want this guy's job.  Little to no accountability, just sell papers.

I agree. I don't get why people think Fran was going to be offered. He's like the kid on the playground who has his friend ask a girl if she likes him. She says she has no interest so he starts telling everyone he didn't like her anyway. Saves face.

His name is now being floated for the Iona job. I'm sure he was going to turn down a BE job for one in the MAAC.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

All we need now is that idiot from the Sentinel - Bianchi - to write something stupid and we will have the trifecta.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

[smiley=roflmao.gif]

Larry Brown

USF is one of the six basketball jobs Brown has never taken.

Sad but true