• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

HELP ME! Need professional opinions ASAP by 10 AM!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Venture sounds to risky.  Stay and if you wanna start your own biz, sock away a large portion of that salary and start something of your own in 8-10 yrs.  At $150K annually, you will be financially set in 10 yrs...easy.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  24

Big Luke, I am too late, but I was a recruiter for a year in NYC, the biggest market there is, and I was always told that when a company has to lose you to offer more money, that can be a red flag. Why would they not put more stock in you to keep you happy and not have to even resort to this. It always about taking care of your own, didnt jimbo teach you anything!

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  505

Venture sounds to risky.  Stay and if you wanna start your own biz, sock away a large portion of that salary and start something of your own in 8-10 yrs.  At $150K annually, you will be financially set in 10 yrs...easy.

In 8-10 years you can have a wife and kids, and may not be able to take the risk.  $36K is nothing.  If that scares you, you are not a risk taker.  There's nothing wrong with that.  If you are an entrpeneur, go out on your own, if not take the stabilityof making someone else wealthy.

Also, my wife owns her own recruiting firm, she says it's a bad sign if you have to resign to get a raise.  Can create problems down the road as well.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  505

I think 10am is Mountain time, so he has another hour to decide.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I think 10am is Mountain time, so he has another hour to decide.

Ah, good point.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

1: 45 minutes until the phone call...

USFDAN... you're saying the same thing I was thinking until their ridiculous offer came over. Why wasn't this offered to me earlier is my only hold-up!

Only someone looking to "dump" a business puts a quick/fast deadline on a decision.

If he can't wait so that an independent CPA can review/look over their company/bank records, etc...run for the DOOR!!

If it was a good money maker with a bright future...an owner wouldn't look to JUMP SHIP now.

Stay away...zillions of opportunities with REPUTABLE companies are out there...and if you are successful (sounds like you are), you will find them.

Just say "thanks so much for the offer, but I've decided to go in a different direction"...and leave it at that.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

30 mins away...

I'm countering with a $75K salary... a signed contract on when the branch will be open and on what percentage I will receive from total branch profits as the branch continues to grow. I'm with a good company... I am not risk adverse... I realize the struggles of going off on my own. Either way... I will make a lot of money. This will be a $95K raise if my company agrees. That is pretty agressive on my part... but I work my ass off and would like to buy my mom the Pearl Escalade she has always dreamed about and get baseline seats for my dad to the Washington Nationals instead of the nose bleeds I currently have him in! I'd also like to give some loot to the football and softball programs! Let's get paid today is what I'm thinking!

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

stay where you're at...way i see it RISKvs reward

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

If you stay in Ft Myers, you can go to more football and hoops games ;)