• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Friday Night Lights-WVU Game Moved

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I agree on both sides, as fickled as that may sound.

I think Friday night should be left alone for HS football. Although not the most watched sport in Tampa, it's huge in other parts of the country. A couple of highlights on Sportscenter will not show a potential recruit what USF football is all about. Yes, I think it makes a difference.

ESPN money is good any night, or day. Do they pay more on Friday night or Saturday at noon? I agree, we can't afford to turn down any extra cash.

GO BULLS!

It's always different, I remember I heard when we agreed to move our Cinci game in 2004 to Halloween Night the conference offered to throw in an additional kicker as an incentive.  So, yes I would say probably friday, weds, and holiday games the conference would give you special consideration.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I love the publicity and money, but it takes the opportunity of having recruits at what might be our biggest home game this year (ranking wise).

I had a feeling the Friday/Sunday night games would stick around with the new BE contract dispite what people tried to tell me when it was signed last year...

Can't arguw with a complete and total national audience, not every football fan (nationally) goes out friday night.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

I love the publicity and money, but it takes the opportunity of having recruits at what might be our biggest home game this year (ranking wise).

I had a feeling the Friday/Sunday night games would stick around with the new BE contract dispite what people tried to tell me when it was signed last year...

Can't arguw with a complete and total national audience, not every football fan (nationally) goes out friday night.

On the plus with UL, UNC, and UCF games also at home, providing no more are moved, USF will at least have other very well attended and very interesting match-ups to host recruits at.  Whereas last year, our only real big home game, Rutgers, was moved to Friday.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  645

I agree on both sides, as fickled as that may sound.

I think Friday night should be left alone for HS football. Although not the most watched sport in Tampa, it's huge in other parts of the country. A couple of highlights on Sportscenter will not show a potential recruit what USF football is all about. Yes, I think it makes a difference.

ESPN money is good any night, or day. Do they pay more on Friday night or Saturday at noon? I agree, we can't afford to turn down any extra cash.

GO BULLS!

It's always different, I remember I heard when we agreed to move our Cinci game in 2004 to Halloween Night the conference offered to throw in an additional kicker as an incentive.  So, yes I would say probably friday, weds, and holiday games the conference would give you special consideration.

Bien,

I wish they would have offered us an additional kicker last year!  ;)

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  341

i think it's also a possibility for them to move our UL game to a different day for tv...if we are both in the running for the BE title i think it's a good possibility because it's at the end of the season....that might hurt us with recruits also if it's moved to a friday....hopefully if they move it, it will be on thursday like the UL vs WV and Rutgers vs UL games were last year

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

I am just thankful that the game is not on Sunday Night......

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

This sucks, but it is what it is.  I think attendance will drop for this one a bit.  Your casual fan isn't coming out on a Friday night to watch football.  Hope the $$$ made sense for the university.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,777
  • Days Won:  3

Your casual fan isn't coming out on a Friday night to watch football

Ok...so you've got a big name big-time opponet,

but the game is on Friday night.

Which one has more pull....caliber of opponent or not being Saturday night?

I'm betting attendance WILL NOT take a hit given the caliber of opponent.

There's not much difference between Saturday night and Friday night, unless

you happen to play high-school football or have a youngin' who does.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I disagree, if anything we'll draw those who don't want to miss the Gators or Noles on Saturday. We'll get 40,000 for this one.