• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Gets Three Verbal Committments

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,517
  • Days Won:  10

USF Football Gets 3 Verbal Commitments

Published: Feb 4, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAMPA Jacksonville Bartram Trail offensive tackle Thomas Edenfield and Lithonia (Ga.) King defensive end Patrick Hampton were among three prospects to verbally commit to South Florida on Sunday.

Besides Edenfield and Hampton, the Bulls also received a commitment from Pahokee tight end Kavenski McGee, Scout.com reported.

Rated the state’s 62nd best recruit by Rivals.com, Edenfield (6-foot-5, 279 pounds) visited Southern Miss last week before visiting USF this past weekend. He missed his senior year with a torn ACL.

Hampton (6-3, 215) also visited Auburn and Purdue. As a senior, Hampton had 73 tackles, 11 sacks and forced seven fumbles.

With National Signing Day on Wednesday, USF has 25 verbal commitments, including players who enrolled early in January.

http://www.tbo.com/sports/bulls/MGBXS9RASXE.html

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  0

Shoring up. We've got a nice little sequence going with the DL. This will keep us deep on the DL for years.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479

That doesnt include Davis who confirmed his verbal.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,517

McGee looks like he may be very marginal with grades.

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Thomas Edenfield

OT

Ranked #83

Three Stars

Height: 6-6

Weight: 295

Patrick Hampton

DE

Two Stars

Height: 6-2.5

Weight: 207

40: 4.9

Kavenski McGee

TE

Ranked: #41

Three Stars

Height: 6-3

Weight: 245

40: 4.7

• Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336

Gentleman,

Start looking at the players who choose USF and notice the other schools that offered scholarships.  With my quick glance, I am seeing the FIU, NC, Auburn, NC State and UCF are schools we are winning players from.  To me that is a great sign

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

Gentleman,

Start looking at the players who choose USF and notice the other schools that offered scholarships.  With my quick glance, I am seeing the FIU, NC, Auburn, NC State and UCF are schools we are winning players from.  To me that is a great sign

Not much of an accomplishment beating out FIU & UCF for recruits, in fact we should be beating schools from everyone conference that is ranked below the Big East as an overall football conference.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13

Gentleman,

Not much of an accomplishment beating out FIU & UCF for recruits, in fact we should be beating schools from everyone conference that is ranked below the Big East as an overall football conference.

Are you saying that recruits should look at BCS conference power ratings to determine where they should go to school?  If you are I think that is nonsense for a number of reasons.  What if their all time favorite school is in the ACC, Big 12 etc?  What if the depth chart is not favorable in the higher rated school/conference?  What if the higher rated school conference is much farther away?...plays the wrong scheme?...etc.  I think it is safe to say a lot goes into the decisions made byt these kids and I think they don't give a rat's ass how the conference is ranked.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

Gentleman,

Are you saying that recruits should look at BCS conference power ratings to determine where they should go to school?  If you are I think that is nonsense for a number of reasons.  What if their all time favorite school is in the ACC, Big 12 etc?  What if the depth chart is not favorable in the higher rated school/conference?  What if the higher rated school conference is much farther away?...plays the wrong scheme?...etc.  I think it is safe to say a lot goes into the decisions made byt these kids and I think they don't give a rat's ass how the conference is ranked.

But you still shouldn't include beating FIU & UCF for recruits in a post about that being a great sign, no matter how you spin it.