• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Trib: Women Hurt by Lack of Support

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

Women 'Hurt' By Lack Of Support

By BRETT MCMURPHY

TAMPA - Two weeks ago, when University of South Florida coach Jose Fernandez voiced his frustrations about the school's lack of marketing for his women's basketball program, **** Rivard understood.

Rivard is a UConn alum, but he and his wife, Cheryl, are now converted Bulls fans. They have had season tickets for three years and drive from Bradenton for each home game.

"You shake your head. What is this?" Rivard said. "We're in the Big East. We need to start acting like it. Quite honestly, there's a general feeling the only thing that has happened is they put up some scoreboards. Nothing else has changed."

Read More

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest r_to_the_izzo

Womens sports is a tough sell. I'l be honest before this year I never paid much attention to womens b-ball. That being said they are good, and they wear the green and gold, only game I have missed so far just happened to be against UL.  >:(

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662
  • Days Won:  0

U of L was garbage anyway....soooo overranked it wasn't even funny. I was waiting for them to give our girls SOME kind of a challenge!

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

the team deserves respect from the bulls community.  they play hard and win, they also really care about the fans that do show up.  everybody needs to go support this team, i don't care if you like womens sports or not, it is a bulls athletics event and that should be enough for you to go watch them.  Go Lady Bulls.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,752
  • Days Won:  3

i don't care if you like womens sports or not, it is a bulls athletics event and that should be enough for you to go watch them.

Let me get this straight...I should attend something I don't like because it involves USF? Does the same apply to tennis? Golf? Sailing? Soccer?  Should I attend those, even though I don't like them, but do it simply because it's USF?

I don't know what your schedule/obligations are like , but I don't drop money or time on something I'm not interested in.    

I think what you really meant to say was that USF fans, who do like womens BB, should make the effort to show up.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

i don't care if you like womens sports or not, it is a bulls athletics event and that should be enough for you to go watch them.

Let me get this straight...I should attend something I don't like because it involves USF? Does the same apply to tennis? Golf? Sailing? Soccer?  Should I attend those, even though I don't like them, but do it simply because it's USF?

I don't know what your schedule/obligations are like , but I don't drop money or time on something I'm not interested in.    

I think what you really meant to say was that USF fans, who do like womens BB, should make the effort to show up.

No. USF fans who like BASKETBALL should make the effort to show up.

And I don't want to hear anyone ***** about the price.

lets see i'm taking 4 classes trying to graduate this summer, work am involved in Hillel as well as SBC and attend every game even if it means missing class like i did on tuesday to watch our girls take on georgetown.

and kyle is right, if you like basketball get out there, they play exciting basketball to watch.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387

It's not that the interest isn't there. There's only so much time to devote to watching USF sports. I'm guessing that as Coach Fernandez continues to build his program, there will be even more wins. With that a top twenty five ranking and more butts in the seats. It will come. He's a great coach at a great school. He'll keep getting top players and top twenty five is just around the corner.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

Funny, but there seemed to be interest in the WBB vs SJU game from some baskeball fans...they were advocating letting MBB vs ND ticket holders in for FREE!    As Alan Ayers of Ice Cold Air "sings" on TV....CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP!