• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS Rumors Swirling

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

If the mall is sold to private investors, and eventually torn down and replaced with apartments, condos, stores, offices and other businesses...it will no longer be an option for the future expansion of USF.    

Exactly.  

Buy it now, build it now!

IMO, there would be more of a problem finding the funds to build a stadium then there would be getting the land aquisition funded.

A stadium can be built anytime...the winow of opportunity on the land aqusition is limited.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958

i agree, the most important part is aquiring the land first, once we do that we'll have as much time as we need to raise funds, design, and build a stadium.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

How could USF reconfigure Fowler Ave?  How about ingress/egress to Fletcher?  I suppose they could double deck Maple, or maybe the Lee Roy Selmon Expessway could be relocated to provide direct access to/from the campus from I-275 and I-75 ::)

Perhaps the best soultion for the stadium would be aquiring land and building out off I-75....Oh wait! USF would be sued if drunk students were killed on their way to or from that remote location, so I that's out of the question

Your right Hauling.

The Cops cannot reconstruct traffic flow for the brief period after the game.

Nobody else has ever had this problem and solved it...

Seriously, its been mentioned here times before. Traffic would not be a big deal, USF is blessed in being surrounded by 3 large roads and planners along with police would be able to constrct a temporary reroute to help the traffic move better.

If you want a good example, visit Tallahassee after a Noles game.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958

Jim...................................................................................................Leavitt?

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642

They should just go ahead and buy the Panera there... I swear that place is a gold mine.  It could fund a stadium by itself.

Either way, if USF did infact buy that property, it will be for nice expansion of the school or for a future site for a stadium plus classes.  Plus, it's not uncommon to have campuses spread out like that - there are still those business like the Gas stations and Panera and some apartment complexes.

Here's to the USF West Campus!!!

Joe,

Years ago I lived in Carrollwood and in the morning it took 6-7 minutes for me to get past the traffic light at the intersection of Dale Mabry (south bound) and Waters...Until the cops started directing traffic to speed things up :-?...result...it took me 25-30 minutes to get past that intersection for the month that they continued  to direct traffic.   Captain Al Ford "WDAE Sky" Patrol would fly over every morning and lambast them on the radio.

Noles game!! Why in the world would I want to go to a Noles game unless they are playing the Bulls ;)

Joe...I understand what your saying...just having a bit of fun...Though I wouldn't exactly say USF is "blessed" with 3 "large" roads.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Ha,

No problem, Its a discussion board.

They should just go ahead and buy the Panera there... I swear that place is a gold mine.  It could fund a stadium by itself.

Either way, if USF did infact buy that property, it will be for nice expansion of the school or for a future site for a stadium plus classes.  Plus, it's not uncommon to have campuses spread out like that - there are still those business like the Gas stations and Panera and some apartment complexes.

Here's to the USF West Campus!!!

A Monorail shuttle system would work well ala TIA.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

So I am assuming by all this chatter unrelated to the first post, that it was nothing more than a rumor, probably started by the University Mall being up for sale.