• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I know recruiting ranking don't mean squat but

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  0

Why do we only have 1 committ from the rivals Florida's top 100 while the knats have 5.   I know Ford and C Hill and Spires  are studs and wouldn't be on that list.  

I know everyone says we are having a great year, but I am a little concerned.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

check Bill Buckhalter's top 100 on Orlando Sentinel. It's usually a lot more accurate gage of the top 100 in Florida.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

7 first team all-state players....that's the real magic.  Rivals doesn't know, and I can tell you a few things but there is no reason to be concerned.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  118

check Bill Buckhalter's top 100 on Orlando Sentinel. It's usually a lot more accurate gage of the top 100 in Florida.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/highschool/orl-spt-recruittop100,0,2068838.htmlstory?coll=orl-sports-utility-recruit

UCF - 4

USF - 2

Each school could pick up 1 more each though too.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Spurrier comes in and grabs 9 off that list with another possible 7 or so.  Amazing.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  63

Ford and McKilvey(?) are two 4-5 star transfers. Neither on the list but both really add to the talent level on this team.  

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

Ford and McKilvey(?) are two 4-5 star transfers. Neither on the list but both really add to the talent level on this team.  

McKensie, yeah.  I'm not worried about the recruiting except making sure we don't lose people.  Few more wouldn't hurt.  The only thing I'm concerned about with UCF is being upset by them in the next 2 years.  after that we can say au revoir.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

McKensie, yeah.  I'm not worried about the recruiting except making sure we don't lose people.  Few more wouldn't hurt.  The only thing I'm concerned about with UCF is being upset by them in the next 2 years.  after that we can say au revoir.

See why I say the star ranking system means squat?  It is a joke.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

See why I say the star ranking system means squat?  It is a joke.

How about recently enrollee Kevin Williams from Gibbs HS...he committed to WVU last year, didn't get eligible and switched his status, and enrolled at USF.  To remind WVU wanted him badly and was pushing hard up until the day before he enrolled, Mississippi the same, and ditto for UAB, and another SEC school had thrown in their hat but it was a little to late...

Williams doesn't appear on scout.com, or rivals.com, he returned four kicks for TD's last year in 5A and one of the toughest districts in that level.  He has amazing speed, and shift, 4 INT"s, something like 700 yards receiving and 500 rushing.  A real freak that could play corner or receiver, but we're bringing him in first to look at receiver.  WVU envisioned him as their replacement to PacMac Jones on the return game.

No stars, barely appears in those networks, yet WVU, Ole Piss, UAB, MSU, UL coveted the kid.  Whispers that Kevin will make Ean Randolph look slow and flat footed...is he no good because of his anonymity or did USF find a huge diamond?  Ask any Pinellas HS coaches who the top recruits, athletes in Pinellas were in 2005, the game breakers with real dynamics to their game- Jock Sanders, Kevin Williams, Andrew Harris, McCluster- most felt Williams was the best and fastest.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928