• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Official Steve Duemig Dump on post

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Deumig gets draws a lot of attention because he is on 620 at 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. prime time radio hours for commuters.  

I took the time on my way home this evening to listen to 1010, the Chix, and found it amusing.  I think I'd rather listen to them then hear Big Dog spew his rhetoric.

Mike, I will be listening to you tomorrow on my way to work.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Bottom line is this: radio is all about preference. We all have the freedom to change the station. Now that 1010 is back, we have an alternative. Thank god.

In my opinion, Duemig is the best AT WHAT HE DOES. Ron and Ian are the best AT WHAT THEY DO. Pepper, Kraz, and Lighthall are the best AT WHAT THEY DO. In other words, all of those radio shows are different, and you have to look at them all as a separate entity.

Again, this is my personal opinion, having listened to sports radio religiously since the 910 days of Whitney/Rock Riley, Todd Wright, Chris Thomas, Brantley/Duemig.

Morning drive:

You have 2 choices: Dan Sileo or Pepper/Kraz. Sileo is a blabbering idiot who doesnt believe a word out of his OWN mouth, so why should I take him seriously?! On the other hand, Pepper/Kraz will talk local sports(including USF) and also go into pop culture a bit. A really good show to "start the day" with, in my opinion.

Then you have Ron and Ian vs Tony Bruno. Personally, I love BOTH shows. Both are very similar, with the slight edge to Bruno in the overall knowledge dept but Ron and Ian get my ears based on the local angle and the reception issue on my walkman in the bloomingdale/riverview areas.

Middays you get Rome or Al Keck...or as I like to call it, The Mark Hayes Show. I used to be a religious Rome listener until I realized how talentless he is, and how sickening his political correctness and "2-facedness" is. Keck is a tv guy doing radio, and it's painfully obvious when listening to his interviews and his inability to say anything negative about anyone.....ever. Mark Hayes, Lighthall, and that Tanner guy make the show. And it's local, and you get the most USF talk on this show than any other(thanks to Lighthall. im very disappointed to learn that Keck doesnt talk more USF, what with his ties to the program and all.).

Afternoon you get Duemig vs the Chix. I've never like the Chix. I actually like the parts of the show where they DONT talk sports, cause that's entertaining. When they try to talk sports, it kills me. But it is what it is, a different show, and one that doesnt appeal to my particular taste. As for Duemig, you can say the same thing. He's not afraid of controversy and his show makes you THINK about what's really going on. Makes you read between the lines, and thats what I like. Again, personal preference. Sure, I get mad at how he treats certain callers, but I also WANT him to yell at other callers. I dont agree with him all the time, in fact, I would say it's about 70%, but that's the POINT of talk radio, is it not?!

There you have my personal synopsis, and thanks to Mike Pepper for coming on here and sharing his thoughts. Stick around Mike....you may like it.  8-)  (Oh, and tell Kraz the Jets suck.)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

If you truly were looking for an answer, I hope was able to answer your somewhat sarcastic question.

Nope. It was op/ed.

Nice commercial though... ;)

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  403

Mike,

I wish you could get 1010 to turn the power up a little bit.  I barely get your signal in south hillborough county.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

What about 1010am the sports Chicks and Al Keck?

Jim Lighthall & Al Keck do USF sports and you hardly ever hear them talking about the Bulls. The Chicks are better but I cannot have them on with the children in the car.

[highlight]Do not listen to "DEAD-AIR" dummig. He has predicted ftu over USF in football the last two years...... He is an idiot that uses confrontation to inspire discussion[/highlight].

HE rips USF

He rips the Buccaneers & Gurden

the only BUTTS he kisses are the players that have shows.

he loves the Lightning, golfs and GAMBLING......

GEEEEZZZZ i miss Chris Thomas.....

I guess it worked

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

Do you guys get Dan Silieo over there in the Tampa Bay area ?  He is an ex-Miami player and pretty full of himself but not bad listening too.  He doesn't cover the Bulls much but he thinks they are a pretty good team.

The only guy who's a bigger tool than Deumig in the tampa market is Sileo.  He's got two topics, 1. Canes 2. Transitioning all other topics into something somewhat relevant to the Canes.  He also doesnt' think the bulls are worth a ****, see numerous earlier strings re: his website polls, etc.

Unlistenable.  

Tampajo, you obviously don't know what you're talking about. He predicted that USF would be BE champs in 2007 just this very morning. I don't get you guys who listen to what you want to hear. I agree, Tampajo, that he is a MIAMI blowhard but he gives many other teams their due props in the state of florida. Listen to the whole show or at least more that one and you'll see what i'm talking about.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Do you guys get Dan Silieo over there in the Tampa Bay area ?  He is an ex-Miami player and pretty full of himself but not bad listening too.  He doesn't cover the Bulls much but he thinks they are a pretty good team.

The only guy who's a bigger tool than Deumig in the tampa market is Sileo.  He's got two topics, 1. Canes 2. Transitioning all other topics into something somewhat relevant to the Canes.  He also doesnt' think the bulls are worth a ****, see numerous earlier strings re: his website polls, etc.

Unlistenable.  

Tampajo, you obviously don't know what you're talking about. He predicted that USF would be BE champs in 2007 just this very morning. I don't get you guys who listen to what you want to hear. I agree, Tampajo, that he is a MIAMI blowhard but he gives many other teams their due props in the state of florida. Listen to the whole show or at least more that one and you'll see what i'm talking about.

Sileo is an admitted Cane supporter.  The fact that he gives USF a chance at the BE title this year is all to the good.  

The difference between him and Duemig is that Sileo means what he says and Duemig says the same thing, then adds a derogatory comment after it.  

I am not a big Sileo supporter, but I am not at all a Duemig fan.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Seriously though...how do the Sports Chicks continue to get renewed?Are they blood-relatives of the programming director or CEO? Or is it

that alternate programming is so cost prohibitive? This one has me baffled,

because I can't believe their numbers are that substantive. Then again, I

may be giving the local market too much credit... 8-)

That's the worst part of my trips when I come to Tampa Bay Area.

I've always asked myself, "How do these clueless chicks have a radio show and who would want to listen to them?"

Didn't realize they were still on the air...but WOW!

Those 2 broads make Sileo seem like Al Michaels.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

Pepper/Kraz will talk local sports(including USF) and also go into pop culture a bit. A really good show to "start the day" with, in my opinion.

Ditto............