• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another Big East loss for Mac

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  0

Did it occur to any of you that some of those guys may have been friends with Keeley Dorsey?  Is it possible they might have gotten off to a slow start after hearing news about a fallen athlete?  Just a thought.  They all spend time in the athletic facility together.  I know I was in a daze this afternoon/evening when I heard the news.

Normal

Point well taken.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

Whoa, pal, put down the green and gold beer goggles. Which game were you watching...?

Howard's box  0-4 FG, 0-2 3pt, 2-5 FT, 3 Asst, 5 TO.........Capkoesque, if you ask me. Let's not annoint him the Great Notwhite Hope quite yet....

HAVE to improve the FT shooting though. "Shooters" arent supposed to miss free throws.

My comment had nothing to do with statistics...

...or facts, apparently.  Should have passed on the first half of Idol, maybe you'd have gotten a better feel for the game......

Fact is that coaches and players have commented on Howard's leadership qualities which wouldn't show up on a stat sheet. That's all I was refering to but go ahead and come back with some more of that witty repartee.... The American Idol shot was a classic.

Yeah, I hear you, but that's like the theory (and let me apologize in advance for any perceived insensitivities) "the tallest midget jumps center"....I don't see great leadership in our coaches, so their Greenspan-esque omnipotence of the situation has little weight with me.  They're prejudiced witnesses. I don't see Mac as the kind of guy who rallies the troops, makes them want to run through walls. Ever hear him speak? (again, pardon moi for any perceived insensitivities...) He just does not have the oratorical skills or game time rhetoric to fire up the troops, or at least I don't see it.

Someone else pointed out that maybe the boys' malaise was as a result of Dorsey's death, that certainly could explain it.  Re: Idol, Tivo, bro, just like my kids do.  Watching a train wreck is only worth watching at the moment of impact, not all the bs before or after....

Carpe diem, though, amigo, I enjoy your passion.

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

I think Mac's defensive game plan is solid. We need to make teams make the outside shots. Forget perimeter defense; we can't afford to spread out.

As far as our offense - we don't have one. No one wants to score besides MB and JV. I don't know if I buy the whole conditioning theory either. We stand around on offense from the start.

Overall, it was incredibly painful to watch...I wonder how many people in the viewing area watched for 5 minutes and then turned the channel b/c we were down by 13. We need to perform better when we are on tv.

Bottom line is we don't have the talent. Coach K couldn't win with this team. WVU starting playing streetball 7 minutes into the game, it is freakin embarrassing. I'm sick of watching BE teams practice behind the back feeds and making extra passes against us.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

when will this madness end?

Good grief, don't be so ridiculous as if you didn't already expect us to lose this game.  There are many reasons to gripe about CRM for some, like losing to just an above average UL team at home by 25, but this is almost incredulous that some people start acting like every Big East loss, even against ranked teams or very talented teams like Uconn, Pitt, and WVU is unbelievable to some.  Losing to a very good WVU is not one of the things that makes any sense to gripe about.

Come on fan83...you seem smart enough to realize that these aren't the type of games to take your cheap shots.  CRM has given you many reasons to take shots, but our guys fought pretty hard against a top 25, very good, WVU team...there's no reason to do anything BUT give them a nod of approval.  

There will be other games, and other points in the season to take your shots, but just because we lose a game doesn't mean it was necessarily a poor performance.  Some people on this board need to learn that there are just some teams in the Big East that are better than us, and for good reason, and reasons that have NOTHING to do with CRM.  Anyone that could suggest without CRM we would be better than Uconn, or WVU or something to that effect doesn't have a clue about hoops.  This is Big East hoops, we must take our lumps unfortunately.  Like I said, there are spots where CRM will give you reasons to want a change, 25 pt loss at home to UL, losing to TAMUCC, Richmond, only having 7 healthy scholarship players right now- like I said there is countless reasons to b-tch, without trumping up losing to an overall superior team, and program, on the road.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

when will this madness end?

Come on fan83...you seem smart enough to realize ...

Are you sure about that?  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

wollard allowed basketball program to go so low

rmc should have been fired after last year

usf has the money to pay for a real coach

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

Our free throw shooting is god awful. It's painful watching them shoot as crappy as they do from the line

crappy free throws = Seth Greenberg's teams

crappy free throws = RMcC's teams

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

First for those that wanted a zone defense that is the last thing you need against a hot 3-point shooting team like WV.  

Velco - Only question I have is after the success against Cinci with Grandsberry down low why didn't they go there right away instead of the second half.  I didn't get to see the game.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  69

As far as Mac is concerned, I'm reserving my judgement until the end of the season but so far it definitely isn't looking so good.

Years ago when I first came to USF I really had little or no opinion regarding mbb but over time I've sortof come to just expect failure, it's really quite depressing. I still try to go to games but it's becoming alot harder to convince any friends to come along. Whenever I ask I get the standard "dude, it's usf basketball" response, it's rather frustrating. I wouldn't have a problem with mac so long as there was a sign of real substantial improvement over the years but it's just not there and I wonder how much longer it will take. I'm not yet at the point that I think he should be fired but I'm starting to get there, it's just been so much of the same thing for so long. I've heard these same arguments such as "well we lost, but we still played competitive", "we showed improvement", "we're incapacitated by injuries", etc., but as time drags on I can't help but feel more and more as they're excuses, teams that have any sort of ability at all should be able to do better than 2-19 in conference play.

I hope Mac can produce a big turnaround but I'm really starting to lose faith.