• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Matt Simms available again

Guest Sprtsfn627

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Would he carry all of Chris' disadvantages as well?   :-/

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Would he carry all of Chris' disadvantages as well?   :-/

I think Matt still has his spleen.   :P

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Seriously, I'd take a career like the one Chris had a Texas.

School records:

Highest Pass Efficiency (Career) - 138.4

3rd Best Winning Percentage (Career) - 26-6, 0.812 (Behind Bobby Layne and Vince Young)

2nd most touchdowns (Career) - 58

2nd most touchdowns (Single Season) - 26 (Behind Colt McCoy, tied with Vince Young)

2nd most touchdowns (Single Game) - 5 (Behind Colt McCoy, tied with Bobby Layne)

Texas has a pretty long history, these are some pretty impressive records.  

As for his pro career, Chris has yet to start a total of 16 games.  It's a bit early to start talking about deficiencies.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

He might be able to compete for a starting job with Mike Teel.  Did they both go to Don Bosco prep?  That place is a factory in NJ.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Most of those years in Texas football history was a power football team, with running backs such as Earl Campbell, Ricky Williams, Priest Holmes, Eric Metcalf.  Thats where they made their mark, not throwing the ball.  No offense to Chris Simms, but Major Applewhite was a better QB.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

simms seems to be heading towards Michigan St.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

why would he do a silly thing like that?

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I think his dad has more say in where he goes than he does

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291

MSU to be with Cinn's former coach who doesnt smile or like to be funny person?!?!?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Simms will be eager to see who contacts him when the NCAA's current "dead period" in recruiting ends tomorrow, said Don Bosco Prep offensive coordinator Nunzio Campanile.

"He is going to keep his options open and see what's out there," Campanile said. "A lot of the schools that have changed coaches are less settled in their quarterback situation, but a lot of guys (college coaches) have settled on their quarterback."

Campanile said the 6-2, 200-pound Simms, who threw for more than 6,000 yards in his career and led the Ramsey school to a 12-0 record and the No. 1 ranking in The Star-Ledger Top 20 as a senior, could still wind up at Louisville if current quarterbacks coach Jeff Brohm is retained by new head coach Steve Kragthorpe.

Kragthorpe, who had been the coach at Tulsa, was introduced yesterday as Petrino's replacement at Louisville. Michigan State and Arizona State will have new coaches and are stronger possibilities, according to Campanile.

"I think there is a possibility if Jeff Brohm stays that he'll go to Louisville, but other than that, I doubt it," Campanile said.

Simms has indicated he is not likely to follow his predecessor at Don Bosco, current Rutgers quarterback Mike Teel, to Piscataway.

Simms is the No. 1 quarterback recruit in the state and played in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio, Texas, last Saturday.

Chris Simms, who plays in the NFL for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, was the No. 1-ranked recruit in the country at Ramapo High of Franklin Lakes in the 1998 season. He originally committed to Tennessee on Dec. 16 of that year, announcing on live television that he was "One hundred percent sure about going to Tennessee. I gave them my word I'm going there."

Seven weeks later, Simms signed with Texas.

"Phil is ultimately going to make the decision this time," said Don Bosco Prep coach Greg Toal, whose son, also named Greg, starred alongside Chris Simms at Ramapo.

"He didn't like the way the decision went the first time and he is running the show. There's no question about it."

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1168407677312240.xml&coll=1