• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Really... Where are all the students?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

Where are the students?

Posted By Brett McMurphy at Dec 07, 2006 at 07:56 PM

Updated Dec 07, 2006 at 08:10 PM

Since I received some E-mails concerning today’s article about the University of South Florida’s attendance here is the year-by-year average actual football attendance for USF students. Attendance numbers provided by USF.

1997 - 2,661

1998 - 3,979

1999 - 3,145

2000 - 3,227

2001 - 2,871

2002 - 3,659

2003 - 5,852

2004 - 3,560

2005 - 7,527

2006 - 4,773

I’d been interested on your theories why the attendance for students is so low. I’ve never been able to figure it out, especially since tickets are free.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/where-are-the-students/

I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

not football fans, not big enough usf fans to travel to raymond james, and in surrounding cities commuting to USF.  next few years could really improve our popularity.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  557

You and me both.  I heard a commentator say the other day that we have the largest student base in the Big East.  40K+ and we only get 10% of that to a game?  I could understand that several years ago when we were still a young team, but there is no excuse now.

You and me both.  I heard a commentator say the other day that we have the largest student base in the Big East.  40K+ and we only get 10% of that to a game?  I could understand that several years ago when we were still a young team, but there is no excuse now.

I agree

We keep saying, "with time."  But the fact is, nothing is done to MARKET the games to students.  "Free tickets and free busses should be enough."  NOT IF NO ONE KNOWS WE HAVE FREE TICKETS!!!  I would say 3 out of 4 USF students don't know we have free tickets...

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Averages are the worst statistic. It treats McNease State the same as Rutgers. It's just a horrible statistic. Anyone have attendance per game?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

Averages are the worst statistic. It treats McNease State the same as Rutgers. It's just a horrible statistic. Anyone have attendance per game?

it was posted before.  we have great attendance (in comparison) for FAMU, UCF, WVU, and UL, although UL's was disappointing last year.  hopefully this next year we set a record or 2.

Looking for student only stats...

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  125

Let's face it, a USF football game is not the venue of choice for the USF student.  I would love to know how many go to Gainesville or Tallahassee for games.  The current set up is great for recruiting, but sucks for fans.  USF needs an on-campus stadium to get to the next level.  The on-the-field product is there. It is the lack of a fan base that is hurting.  Let's face it, Bowls will prefer a 6-6 Iowa team to a 9-3 USF team.  Why, Iowa will bring 30k fans.  Why do you think we were in B-ham and not Charlotte?  Navy brings fans.  USF will never be a good bowl team until the fans start to show up.