• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Really... Where are all the students?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

I just don't buy those numbers, the student section was not only significantly more crowded this year but they were even showing up to more games than usual. Trust me, I have complained constantly over the years at the way that section has looked and this was the first year (last year there were particular games that were great) that I was just amazed, game after game, at the great showing. Although there was one game that attendance didn't look so good but I forget which one that was. Unless that section got a HUGE infusion of non-students then those numbers (or previous years) are just flat out wrong.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958

the cuse game had a very very poor student attendance...like 2,000

that probably brought our average down...

homecoming and rutgers and mcneese all had at least 8-10k students

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

USF needs an on-campus stadium to get to the next level.  The on-the-field product is there.

What exacly is this "next level" that doesn't pertain to the on-the-field product ....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,323
  • Days Won:  10

I just don't buy those numbers, the student section was not only significantly more crowded this year but they were even showing up to more games than usual. Trust me, I have complained constantly over the years at the way that section has looked and this was the first year (last year there were particular games that were great) that I was just amazed, game after game, at the great showing. Although there was one game that attendance didn't look so good but I forget which one that was. Unless that section got a HUGE infusion of non-students then those numbers (or previous years) are just flat out wrong.

I agree.  I remember commenting on the great attendance from fans during a few of the games.  This year was the best I remember seeing for student attendance.  Remember the posts on this board congratulating the students?  Doesn't seem like that would have gone on if more people didn't notice it, too.  I don't know...doesn't seem right to me.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  339

there must be some kind of error in either 1.  counting the students or 2.  reporting the numbers to the media.  Student section was packed this year.  And they were incredibly rowdy.  The only other explaination is if non-students were sitting in the student sections for games.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Something is wrong with this years numbers. The north endzone was overflowing this season. I don't buy those numbers.

As for why there is still a low turnout. 1) When the rest of the student body supports USF like they do UF/FSU/UM then we might have a huge turnout. (this is another one of my issues) 2) When the college atmoshpere shows up to a USF game (this goes back to the previous point, and OCS, and TSA/Glazers)

Now an anecdote: I asked my 3 roommates Friday afternoon if they wanted to go to a tailgate party for the Pitt homecoming game. The first said no; expected since he's a video gamer. The other two passed saying they were busy, they got invited to go to the FSU-Virginia game in Tallahassee. This is what's wrong at USF.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958

i predict the student attendance should improve dramatically next season, especially when/if we make the top 25, I think the student population is just now in a the beginning phase of seeing that USF has a legit program...

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  114

Low turnout because we play in a stadium that is 10 times to big for the program.

You go to the games and it feels like you are at the high school state championships.

I was talking to Reuben last night about this.  I actually enjoy the game more on TV then Ray Jay.

That place might be the worst environment in college football.  The place is to spread out.  The announce screams "Lets hear it for the Bull DEEEFENSE."

The place sounds like a barnyard rodeo.

Half the **** students don't even watch the game -- they sit in the south endzone and drink beers and hunt for tail.

The place stinks.  It's to big.  It wasn't meant fo college football.

But on a positive note.  WAY more people come now then when I was a student in 2001-02.

USF needs an on-campus stadium..

There is no environment in the country like the Swamp on an SEC Conference weekend.

Another complaint is that the tailgate stinks.  Cops bust everyone under age -- and nobody really goes.

Plus -- in the past, the schedule has stunk.  It has improved dramatically over the past year or two.

Next year we will probably have the best home schedule ever

UNC

West VA

Louisville

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

Well, like I always say...

I bet we have an OCS or we start getting funding for an OCS within 10 years.  

By then... we will have:

-A renovated Sun Dome

-A new Softball Stadium

-A new Baseball Stadium

-A new Soccer Stadium

-A new football practice facility with god knows what..

-Better funding

-New band uniforms (I hope... just had to throw it in ya know)

-AND an established Big East football team

In ten years... you will see an OCS

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  114

Yeah -- i see it coming far sooner then people think.

Some donor is going to pony up some big funds to put his name on that thing.

"Build it and they will come."