• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Remember the days of the coach you guys hated!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Sheriff, what exactly did Seth do that was SO great that would make you love him SO much?

ing_pizza.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  1,400
  • Days Won:  0

Sheriff, what exactly did Seth do that was SO great that would make you love him SO much?

ing_pizza.jpg

What if CRM was to buy you some pizza will that help you forget Seth?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

ing_pizza.jpg

;D

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Seth created a vision... that created some tents... that included the consumption of alcohol... that created some good times with hot coeds in the tents... that created some great memories... that created a deep hatred of anything UF... that created some great friendships (Bulliever, MattieGunz, FarEastBull, Reaper, Doc, MikeB, MikeG, and Slater among others)... that created more interest in this message board from the passionate fan... that created some more great memories with hot coeds... that landed me in Arizona, leading to a good job and a new sexy Porsche (which should lead to more great coed memories)... that allowed me to meet the message board folklore legend Smazza...  

It all started with a vision from Seth. He made me believe that two of us could make a difference on a campus of 43,000 students. And we did. Seth didn't stay long after... but he made me realize the upside with our University. I want RMC to succeed... I love it when people recognize my "USFALUM" license plate and talk about the Big East. I want them to talk hoops though... not just football. I want them to talk about Buckley's scoring binge... not that we got swept by TAMCC in consecutive games.

So yes... I won't ever forget Seth... when he was here, he was a tireless promoter for USF hoops. Maybe he should have spent more time on our guys making free throws... but you know what... the students that were here during Seth's tenure, love him or hate him, you felt like we had an honest chance going into each and every game... and we showed up thinking we would win... time and time again we would leave brokenhearted... but he cared... and when the door finally slammed behind him, he left his comment about "kids growing up wanting to be Hokies".

Seth was the one that was broken hearted. When a love affair ends with the girl of your dreams, do you really have nice things to say... his sentiments exactly.

Hope this helps you Shoop. Oh yeah... I saw some chick in the bar that looked like Jen Sterges (I think Jen digs me, but she doesn't realize it yet).

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

At least we get one game on regular ESPN that I can see in a bar!

12/29 at 7pm EST on the deuce.

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Point of order: Greenie was not fired. He was hired away by another school. As such, any discussion of Greenie vs. Mac is null and void because that choice was never available. The choice at the time was either Mac or someone else that wasn't hired. You want to debate the merits of Mac, go ahead. I probably agree with you. But you can't make the comparison you're trying to make.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Seth was the one that was broken hearted. When a love affair ends with the girl of your dreams, do you really have nice things to say... his sentiments exactly.

What was he broken hearted about? He was wanting to get out of here for 2 seasons prior to his departure to VT (Miami and Oregon State openings).

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

So because someone got you laid in a tent by a drunk coed you treat him like the second coming?  Yeah pretty much the worst arguement ever.  

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

I was peeking at Va Tech's hoops schedule, and saw they had six games televised on ESPN, ESPN2, or ABC. Will we get any games like that this season? I know people hated Seth, but **** he got us on TV. Now that I live out of town, seeing a game on TV is icing on the cake. I wasn't including Gameplan or ESPNU... just talking about the main channels. Come on RMC... rally the troops and force ESPN to place some of our late season games on the main channels by posting a decent Big East record! Nothing is better than walking into a Scottsdale bar with your USF basketball jersey on while the game is on ESPN for everyone to see!

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you in person, and have no doubt about your love for USF sports, but, for god's sake, get off Greenie's sack. He's long gone, and, honestly, I could give to sh_ts about what he does at Va Tech.

Sit back and let this season of USF basketbull ride out. If we don't make the Big East Tourney, Mac is as good as gone. In the meantime, I'd appreciate it if you didn't bring up that used car salesman everytime you mention something that is USF b-ball related. He's gone, I'm glad he's gone and he didn't do jack while he was here.

No kidding!  Even in his best years, greeny weeny barely had us above 500 and that was against much lesser competition than the Big East.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Seth created a vision... that created some tents... that included the consumption of alcohol... that created some good times with hot coeds in the tents... that created some great memories... that created a deep hatred of anything UF... that created some great friendships (Bulliever, MattieGunz, FarEastBull, Reaper, Doc, MikeB, MikeG, and Slater among others)... that created more interest in this message board from the passionate fan... that created some more great memories with hot coeds... that landed me in Arizona, leading to a good job and a new sexy Porsche (which should lead to more great coed memories)... that allowed me to meet the message board folklore legend Smazza...  

It all started with a vision from Seth. He made me believe that two of us could make a difference on a campus of 43,000 students. And we did. Seth didn't stay long after... but he made me realize the upside with our University. I want RMC to succeed... I love it when people recognize my "USFALUM" license plate and talk about the Big East. I want them to talk hoops though... not just football. I want them to talk about Buckley's scoring binge... not that we got swept by TAMCC in consecutive games.

So yes... I won't ever forget Seth... when he was here, he was a tireless promoter for USF hoops. Maybe he should have spent more time on our guys making free throws... but you know what... the students that were here during Seth's tenure, love him or hate him, you felt like we had an honest chance going into each and every game... and we showed up thinking we would win... time and time again we would leave brokenhearted... but he cared... and when the door finally slammed behind him, he left his comment about "kids growing up wanting to be Hokies".

Hope this helps you Shoop. Oh yeah... I saw some chick in the bar that looked like Jen Sterges (I think Jen digs me, but she doesn't realize it yet).

Not only that but he recruited what were arguably USF's most talented basketball teams, but he did nothing with them. Greenburg was a straight-up used car salesman and he was using USF as a stepping stone to the next big job. Every coach is like that to some extent, meaning they stick around until a better job opens up. But what irks me about Greenie is with all the untapped potential that he sold me on, he had it in his hands, and did nothing with it. I'm glad he jumped ship to VaTech. So to answer your question Shoop, Greenie was a great promoter of USF basketball while he was here, but he produced nothing on the court, where it truly counts.