• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dawsey looks to be headed to FSU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

If he goes we'll find a good replacement but do not doubt Dawsey's value, if you do then you really don't have a clue what you're talking about.

What is the matter with you S_Bien.  If ?  If?  How many times does smazza need to post before you remove the if.  NO CLUE IS CORRECT !  DO NOT RESPOND TO HIS POSTS.  Now say that five times.  Don't stop posting but just ignore his stuff,  you have to much valuable input.  

You're right but every once in a while.... :-X

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,496
  • Days Won:  13

you know what the funny thing about this thread..... The realist (Dark siders) mostly agrees that Dawsey was as good as gone. and the people who never take off the green and gold shades (Mac Supports) mostly thought Dawsey was staying.

I found that interesting.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

What the hell does that have to do with anything Randy?

At this point I wouldn't blame him for taking the job (even if he said he didn't want it). He'd be at his alma mater, coaching with one of the greatest coaches ever, in a nationally recognized (kinda still) top program, with a limitless supply of funds and talent, and he's probably making a lot more than he did here. At this point I don't see it as a latteral move, position coaches at FSU have gotten great jobs at BCS level programs.

John Eason, former FSU WR coach went to South Carolina as their OC; Chuck Amato served in a couple capacities, LB and DLine coach, got a head coaching job.

I wish him good luck and move on, I don't see any problem in this at this point, he's only doing a few things that will help himself.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,496
  • Days Won:  13

I do wish him luck as well. I was just pointing out that many of us dark siders saw it coming. Just as we see a 2-4 wins in the Big East.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

I do wish him luck as well. I was just pointing out that many of us dark siders saw it coming. Just as we see a 2-4 wins in the Big East.

Every season since LD has been a coach at USF there has been a contingent that has said he was going to FSU.  I guess you guys were bound to get it correct one time.  And if he didn't go to FSU, yall wooda just said, "Well we knew he was gonna leave.  Not going to FSU is just semantics."  I can post every yr. that Rod Smith will leave to be a OC at an institution with more football tradition or a head coach some place and I will be correct sooner or later.   ::)

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

wish him well!

now will he get the chicken-sheets to play us?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

you know what the funny thing about this thread..... The realist (Dark siders) mostly agrees that Dawsey was as good as gone. and the people who never take off the green and gold shades (Mac Supports) mostly thought Dawsey was staying.

I found that interesting.

It is interesting and proves that the Dark Siders basically revel in anything that appears to be bad news for USF ....

The real Realists were basing their opinion back then on this from Greg's 12/12 blog:

I've been trying to take some vacation days in the last week or two, but was able to answer one lingering question after Monday's practice: USF receivers coach Lawrence Dawsey says he's not interested in joining the coaching staff at his alma mater, Florida State.

His name has been bandied about since Jeff Bowden got his $537,000 buyout, leaving an opening after more potential coaching shakeups in Tallahassee. Here's Dawsey verbatim on the issue:

[highlight]"I've been getting a lot of the rumor mill going on, but there ain't nothing to that. This has been home since '91, since I got drafted. Most definitely. I'm happy. I've got no complaints." [/highlight]

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/