• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dawsey looks to be headed to FSU

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

why would he not go? he is an fsu alum.

People put too much into alum and coaching ...

We have 2 WR's that will probably have Top 5 Receiving Seasons in our history.

TKBlue is spot on ... how can some criticize anything revolving around the passing game  :question

:wtf

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  141
  • Days Won:  0

From a good source, not likely as of last week.

May depend though on the new OC at FSU . . . they get one ?

Not yet.  The overall word seems to be that it's Jimbo Fisher's job after the Sugar Bowl unless he scores a head coaching job before then.  If that's the case, Dawsey is almost a lock to move on to FSU, since he a) is an alum, B) is a WR coach (Jeff Bowden's other duty), and c) worked with Fisher at LSU.  

However, it's impossible to figure out.  There are a TON of head coaching jobs popping up, and Fisher seems to be a candidate for all of them (but yet, there's a lot of hiring already, and he's still available).  Also, Bowden seems to be keeping a hardcore lid on all of this.  

My guess is Dawsey makes the jump to FSU no matter what. The WR coaching position is open, and every OC candidate being tosses around is a QB or OL coach.  Combine that with his alum status, and wanting to eventually "move up" (no offense to anything USF, just a perceived fact), it just makes too much sense for him personally.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,435
  • Days Won:  43

Warped,

I dont follow your logic. Dawsey is happy in Tampa, so I dont see him moving to Tally just to coach FSU for the same job. You better offer him higher statuse up there in Tallyhoe if you really want him because he is happy at USF.

Bull,

In terms of just moving to FSU from USF, it's not a lateral move.  That's a "step up".  He may very well be happy at USF, but how long will he be *only* a WR coach?  If the man has aspirations of moving up the coaching chain, he has to take a better job at some point.  As it stands (and again, I do not intend for this to be a knock on USF), a position coach at FSU is a step above a position coach at USF in the coaching hierarchy.  

And if Jimbo Fisher is added into the mix, it's all but a done-deal, logically.  I just feel that he'll make the move no matter what, but that's based strictly on opinion.

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,496
  • Days Won:  13

Bull,

In terms of just moving to FSU from USF, it's not a lateral move.  That's a "step up".  He may very well be happy at USF, but how long will he be *only* a WR coach?  If the man has aspirations of moving up the coaching chain, he has to take a better job at some point.  As it stands (and again, I do not intend for this to be a knock on USF), a position coach at FSU is a step above a position coach at USF in the coaching hierarchy.  

And if Jimbo Fisher is added into the mix, it's all but a done-deal, logically.  I just feel that he'll make the move no matter what, but that's based strictly on opinion.

I would agree wit that assessment. Plus he played at FSU

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

he also played here in tampa for the bucs, so he has ties here as well

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

he also played here in tampa for the bucs, so he has ties here as well

but hes looking for a college "step up" at this time not a pro job so the fact that he played here has not bearing on his new profession.  

Understand the arguments, but also figure that the next 3 years for sure that USF's receivers will be receiving alot of press and catches with GrothE.

USF has had 2 coaches move on to BCS teams as OC's.

And really do not know what his personal feelings are towards FSU.

USF gave him his first college coaching job, he may feel a bit of loyalty.

...  If that's the case, Dawsey is almost a lock to move on to FSU, since he ... and c) worked with Fisher at LSU.  

This this is not too powerful ... Dawsey was an unpaid GA there. And would think he would have stronger ties to another coach.

ET,

You say USF gave him his first collegiate coaching job, then in the very next post, you say his ties as a GA aren't too powerful.  I'm pretty sure his GA position (which technically is paid, since it covers his tuition, etc) at LSU was truely his first real coaching job at the collegiate level.  

Plus, FSU has a stable of WRs.  They just didn't have any direction under a well-documented underacheiving offensive staff.  Combine that with 4 QBs (Weatherford, Lee, Richardson, Ponder) that were all supposedly studs in high school, and your arguements are pretty much null.