• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Breaking News: Reggie Kohn Resigns From USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

There you have it, I'm done.

Good, i'll take that as a promise.  Good day.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

I didn't like his hire when I first read about in 2003, based upon where he came from (WMU).  I thought we would have been able to bring in a much more high profile coach and I have always felt that we settled for this hire.

I don't think any high profile coaches were exactly beating our doors down at that time and besides, the majority of coaches who end up "high profile" start out like Mac did and move their way up. We'll see what kind of "profile" he ends up with.

You can call me a racist but I am definitely not, I just thought we settled for him during a period where USF Athletics was taking some shots on the racial front.

Fair enough ... I'll rescind my shot.  

He could have proved every doubter wrong, but that hasn't happened and I don't see it happening this year.  I'll be the first to eat crow if he can post a .500 BE conference record but I am definitely not holding my breath, I like living.

If the only way you'll eat crow is for him to go .500 in conference, Heckle and Jeckle are safe.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Maybe I am a little harsh on Mac, but dang, all the players that have left and run from the program. The absolute dirth of quality recruits and having to bring in Juco Transfers to complete a team, the assistant coaching losses.  You've got to see some positives to get on his bandwagon and I haven't seen any as of yet.  I know some will point to the fact that he's beaten more ranked teams in his short tenure than Bobby Paschal, but he's played alot more ranked teams, which is the benefit of living in the BE.

I didn't like his hire when I first read about in 2003, based upon where he came from (WMU).  I thought we would have been able to bring in a much more high profile coach and I have always felt that we settled for this hire.  You can call me a racist but I am definitely not, I just thought we settled for him during a period where USF Athletics was taking some shots on the racial front.  He could have proved every doubter wrong, but that hasn't happened and I don't see it happening this year.  I'll be the first to eat crow if he can post a .500 BE conference record but I am definitely not holding my breath, I like living.

The fact that you even brought up race makes no sense... and kinda makes me wonder.  What does high profile have to do with race?  ::)

Anyway...

you guys just keep speculating as to the reasons assistants have left or players have not worked out.  It really shows a lot of ignorance to bash someone based on things that you have no clue about.

Please enlighten me and anyone else who is not on the McCullum bandwagon, why these losing seasons, loss of players, lack of quality recruits, etc, etc. have nothing to do with the head coach.  Why is McCullum immune from criticism based upon the current condition of USF Basketball. I'm all ears.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Maybe I am a little harsh on Mac, but dang, all the players that have left and run from the program. The absolute dirth of quality recruits and having to bring in Juco Transfers to complete a team, the assistant coaching losses.  You've got to see some positives to get on his bandwagon and I haven't seen any as of yet.  I know some will point to the fact that he's beaten more ranked teams in his short tenure than Bobby Paschal, but he's played alot more ranked teams, which is the benefit of living in the BE.

I didn't like his hire when I first read about in 2003, based upon where he came from (WMU).  I thought we would have been able to bring in a much more high profile coach and I have always felt that we settled for this hire.  You can call me a racist but I am definitely not, I just thought we settled for him during a period where USF Athletics was taking some shots on the racial front.  He could have proved every doubter wrong, but that hasn't happened and I don't see it happening this year.  I'll be the first to eat crow if he can post a .500 BE conference record but I am definitely not holding my breath, I like living.

The fact that you even brought up race makes no sense... and kinda makes me wonder.  What does high profile have to do with race?  ::)

Anyway...

you guys just keep speculating as to the reasons assistants have left or players have not worked out.  It really shows a lot of ignorance to bash someone based on things that you have no clue about.

Please enlighten me and anyone else who is not on the McCullum bandwagon, why these losing seasons, loss of players, lack of quality recruits, etc, etc. have nothing to do with the head coach.  Why is McCullum immune from criticism based upon the current condition of USF Basketball. I'm all ears.

the current condition is a 4 - 0 record.

how is this an indication of a bad team?

sportsline has us at a 32 RPI.

why is everyone living in the past? get over it.

I find it hilarious that people actually don't know anything about college basketball and yet come on here and criticize our team and coaches for the past.

There are so called USF fans that actually picked richmond in the contest.

Tell me, would you pick a 3-3 team that is a 9.5 point underdog, starts 4 freshmen, is 0 - 3 ATS,  with losses against Marist and Radford at home to beat a team that is 4 - 0 , 2 - 0 ATS, and playing at home??? no wonder vegas has the money to build billion dollar hotels.

Ask them if they looked at this objectively if they would make the same picks.

you people are living in the past. we are 4 games into THIS season and 4 -0. Can we please enjoy it BEFORE we actually quit on this team as fans???

I know there are plenty including Herm, sportsfan, jewbull etc that would rather be proven correct then have the Bulls have a successful season. Pretty sad if you ask me.

3 more games and we get some reinforcements.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Great Job by the AD.  

We could have had Bob Huggins last year and we wanted to give this clown another chance.  Have you seen the recruits that Kansas State has brought in?  Bill "Freaking" Walker...

There is a common theme w/ the program since he joined - losing.

I can't wait til he's gone and bagging groceries at Publix.

you should have come forward then and ponied up the extra $800,000+ a year for huggins and the money to buy out RMC if you felt this strongly about it.

Bill "freaking " Walker will be at KSU for half a season. good luck with that.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Touche' and great post.  The past is the past, can't change it and one assistant leaving doesn't necessarily mean were repeating the past, which I agree with.  I'll try and be more positive but you can't be totally uncritical and still be a rabid fan.  Rabid fans are most times, the most critical, which doesn't necessarily mean they want the team to lose just to prove a point.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Great Job by the AD.  

We could have had Bob Huggins last year and we wanted to give this clown another chance.  Have you seen the recruits that Kansas State has brought in?  Bill "Freaking" Walker...

There is a common theme w/ the program since he joined - losing.

I can't wait til he's gone and bagging groceries at Publix.

you should have come forward then and ponied up the extra $800,000+ a year for huggins and the money to buy out RMC if you felt this strongly about it.

Bill "freaking " Walker will be at KSU for half a season. good luck with that.

"Chucker's" post is gone so I assume they don't want any further Huggins' discussion BUT ...... happened to channel surfing last week and came across the KSU-California game just in time to see one of Huggy's model citizens throw an elbow and get ejected from the game .... a game they lost by 30 points.. Nice job, Bobby!   ;D

There's a thread on the General Sports Board that one of Huggy's groupies started that maybe these posts can be moved to

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

You guys are really jumping the gun on this one.  Again... anything to bash Mac.  Until you know the facts, maybe you should shut your pie hole.  Bashing mac on speculation is just lame.

Awww, come on...what fun would that be?

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

Unreal! >:(

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I'm not pinning this one on RMC. I have a different theory... and this is out of pure respect for Reggie.

I'm think Reg was banging some hot coeds in the office place and got busted. Its logically the only thing that makes sense. Reg isn't the type of guy that would quit on USF. Look at how he toughed things out for Seth.  Picking up Reg gave RMC some street cred this season with the older fans that have been fickle on RMC. RMC doesn't want to fire Reg and feel the wrath of the disenchanted fans.

IMO, Reg was probably banging some hot coeds, got busted, and was basically given an ultimatum to save face. Take it FWIW, but Reg is a pimp, and being 26 years old, I can't say I blame him. I have much more respect for Reg now!

We all know Reg isn't a quitter. The kid is Mr. Loyalty to USF basketball. That only leaves one door to be opened... sex scandal.