• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Breaking News: Reggie Kohn Resigns From USF

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Kohn, who played at USF from 1999-2003, is the sixth assistant to leave USF coach Robert McCullum’s staff in the past four seasons.

What is the problem?

How many of CJL's staff  left?

How many of Jose Fernandez' staff left?

What is the problem?

any resign in the middle of a season? These guys are leaving for better jobs. They are all leaving for "Personal Reasons"

How many "better jobs" are open and available during the first week of December?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

You guys are really jumping the gun on this one.  Again... anything to bash Mac.  Until you know the facts, maybe you should shut your pie hole.  Bashing mac on speculation is just lame.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

You guys are really jumping the gun on this one.  Again... anything to bash Mac.  Until you know the facts, maybe you should shut your pie hole.  Bashing mac on speculation is just lame.

AMEN!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Kohn, who played at USF from 1999-2003, is the sixth assistant to leave USF coach Robert McCullum’s staff in the past four seasons.

What is the problem?

How many of CJL's staff  left?

How many of Jose Fernandez' staff left?

What is the problem?

any resign in the middle of a season? These guys are leaving for better jobs. They are all leaving for "Personal Reasons"

How many "better jobs" are open and available during the first week of December?

should have said are not leaving for better jobs.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Let's see... take a 26 year old kid who was a darn good high school coach and hire him as basically a glorified assistant... "basketball administrator"...

Maybe Kohn wanted to be a coach again??

If this is the case and he just quit because he wanted to coach again then RMC is not the problem in his case. That would make Reggie Kohn the problem. He accepted the job, he needs to honor is his word and do the job. If he didnt think the job was for him then he resigns after the season. How do you quit on your school and those kids in the middle of the season? If this turns out to be the case then Kohn is not the man I thought he was.

disclaimer---- I would be surprised if this was the reason he left, I would assume given his past history that CRM ran him off.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

... he's not a very good coach?
Well, seeing as the team has been pretty lack luster some sort of change has to happen.
The guys got no business trying to train and shape young minds.

Too funny .... Mac has his faults but these are three of the stupidest comments concerning him seen here in a while.

stop defending him

Those three statements reek of ignorance and are indefensible .... Mac's only problem, and it's been a big one to this point, seems to be recruiting. I'm waiting to see how this season plays out... although, to be honest, I'd really like to know the story behind Reggie leaving.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Maybe I am a little harsh on Mac, but dang, all the players that have left and run from the program. The absolute dirth of quality recruits and having to bring in Juco Transfers to complete a team, the assistant coaching losses.  You've got to see some positives to get on his bandwagon and I haven't seen any as of yet.  I know some will point to the fact that he's beaten more ranked teams in his short tenure than Bobby Paschal, but he's played alot more ranked teams, which is the benefit of living in the BE.

I didn't like his hire when I first read about in 2003, based upon where he came from (WMU).  I thought we would have been able to bring in a much more high profile coach and I have always felt that we settled for this hire.  You can call me a racist but I am definitely not, I just thought we settled for him during a period where USF Athletics was taking some shots on the racial front.  He could have proved every doubter wrong, but that hasn't happened and I don't see it happening this year.  I'll be the first to eat crow if he can post a .500 BE conference record but I am definitely not holding my breath, I like living.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Maybe I am a little harsh on Mac, but dang, all the players that have left and run from the program. The absolute dirth of quality recruits and having to bring in Juco Transfers to complete a team, the assistant coaching losses.  You've got to see some positives to get on his bandwagon and I haven't seen any as of yet.  I know some will point to the fact that he's beaten more ranked teams in his short tenure than Bobby Paschal, but he's played alot more ranked teams, which is the benefit of living in the BE.

I didn't like his hire when I first read about in 2003, based upon where he came from (WMU).  I thought we would have been able to bring in a much more high profile coach and I have always felt that we settled for this hire.  You can call me a racist but I am definitely not, I just thought we settled for him during a period where USF Athletics was taking some shots on the racial front.  He could have proved every doubter wrong, but that hasn't happened and I don't see it happening this year.  I'll be the first to eat crow if he can post a .500 BE conference record but I am definitely not holding my breath, I like living.

The fact that you even brought up race makes no sense... and kinda makes me wonder.  What does high profile have to do with race?  ::)

Anyway...

you guys just keep speculating as to the reasons assistants have left or players have not worked out.  It really shows a lot of ignorance to bash someone based on things that you have no clue about.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

You forgot to blame MAC for  the death of  Bradley Mosely ::)

254150m.jpg

RIP

Dude(s), you can't have a civil conversation so I'll go away.  USF BBall stinks and has stunk for the last three years and it is has absolutely nothing to do with Robert McCullum.  McCullum is a great coach and should get an extension for all of his great work.  There you have it, I'm done.