• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

East Carolina to the Birmingham Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Do I have to go back and repost every single article that states the BE is NOT looking to expand.  The BE commish has made that abundantly clear.  Why can't ECU, UCF, etc. fans get that through thier heads.  If I were ECU, I wouldn't worry about what BE teams are doing. I would instead concentrate on my own program and trying to copy what for example Boise State is doing, that way if for some slim chance the BE ever did decide to expand, that they would actually be considered.  Again, not that the BE is expanding.  Do I really have to repost all those articles quoting Mike Tranghese.  If you have some articles quoting the BE commissioner stating expansion is imminent, please post it.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

I can guarantee you beyond any reasonable doubt that with Terry Holland at the helm, ECU will join the big east, along with either Memphis or Marshall, by the 2008 season. Terry Holland has all but guaranteed it himself, and TH is one of the top ten ADs in the nation. Thats not Pirate pride. Thats hands down universal truth. Go read a book so something besides garbage shows up next to your name next time

UCF's AD says the same garbage. Try listenting to the heads of the BE who say there will be no expansion any time soon. Face the facts, the purple pirates will be in the CUSA for a long time.

And o'leary tells recruits that the SEC is holding a spot for them too.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
as posted in another thread... can you really take a college seriously when there slogan is......

ecu.jpg

Grow up and wake up. Youre on the clock.

That right there is my personal favorite from that rant of absolute crapola courtesy of one Mr. Purple Pirate.

"You're on the clock"?!?!?!?!?

That's funny................. 'cause it's so gay.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

Ah yes, one stuck with little guy itis can always dream can't he. Back to CUSA Barney!

Refute this ECU fans.  Direct QUOTE from BE commish Mike Tranghese.  Next you'll be telling us you have some type of insider info that goes against what the BE comissioner says.  Why did you make me have to go an pull up actual proof.

Nov. 2, Tampa Trib article:

BULLS BEAT

Big East Eyes Another Florida Bowl

By BRETT MCMURPHY

Published: Nov 2, 2006

NO NUMBER 9: For any Conference USA teams out there hoping to join the Big East, don't hold your breath: the Big East is not seeking a ninth football member.

"We're not talking to anybody about bringing in a full member," Tranghese said. "I don't think our membership would support it. It would take a very, very special program to become No. 9 in football and No. 17 [member in non-football sports]. One doesn't exist that's available.

"We're not going out and talking to people. But if someone would pick up the phone and call us, there are a couple of special programs out there and our members would vote them in tomorrow, 16-0. It would have to be someone special. We're not going to take [a full member] just for the sake to get to nine [in football]."    

http://www.tbo.com/sports/bulls/MGB8SFLL0UE.html    

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

I can guarantee you beyond any reasonable doubt that with Terry Holland at the helm, ECU will join the big east, along with either Memphis or Marshall, by the 2008 season. Terry Holland has all but guaranteed it himself, and TH is one of the top ten ADs in the nation. Thats not Pirate pride. Thats hands down universal truth. Go read a book so something besides garbage shows up next to your name next time

You are delusional.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  30

And again, Find me a quote that says that Football only invites are not a distinct possibility in the next couple years. We have never planned on becoming an allsports member of the BE, not right away at least. The plan was always to join the BE as a football only school, and send our basketball to another conference, possible the a-10 ive heard. Find me a quote from you commish saying hes not interested in expanding to a 10 or 12 team football format, and ill bow to you

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

The Big East doesn't want East Crackwh*ore University.  Hell, we don't even want to play you, but a post season game is a post season game, so I guess I'm going to Birmingham to watch USF yet again **** a CDOA team and knock their fruity little purple pants-wearing fanbase back into reality.

Focus on beating UCF, not us.  You'll never do it.  You, UCF, Memphis, and the rest of you dreamers should team up, share your delusions of grandeur about joining the Big East, and do a podcast to the rest of the world... you could call it the Purple Pirate Penis Envy Hour...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I mean seriously. Are you guys too ridiculously infantile to actually carry on an intelligent discussion? When you compare stats, season results, and situations, our two programs are very very similair.

Please forgive my Bulls brethren, sometimes they get carried away and forget to include facts.

I didn't realize you guys got those statististics against Louisville, Rutgers, West Virginia, Kansas...oh wait, I just checked.  You didn't!  Let's see, we played 3 Top 15 teams and you played...no Top 25 teams!

Our best win was on the road against the #7 team in the nation.  Your best win was against Southern Miss.

Any other "similarities" you'd like to discuss?

And again, Find me a quote that says that Football only invites are not a distinct possibility in the next couple years. We have never planned on becoming an allsports member of the BE, not right away at least. The plan was always to join the BE as a football only school, and send our basketball to another conference, possible the a-10 ive heard. Find me a quote from you commish saying hes not interested in expanding to a 10 or 12 team football format, and ill bow to you

Here you go:

Quote:

[b]It would take a very, very special program to become No. 9 in football and No. 17 [member in non-football sports]. One doesn't exist that's available.  

He is referring obviously to Notre Dame, or PSU.  Not East Carolina University.