• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I love this coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

nothing more needs to be said

not by Mr. Anti-leavitt himself.   The rest of us will continue as we have in  the past enjoying his great run as head coach at The University Of South Florida.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,297
  • Days Won:  0

Personally, I'm an emotional guy....I got a little emotional with him.  That was a memorable moment.  

I'm with you.......I also had a little dust in my eye when Jim was giving his post game   :'(

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

I just thought it was my contacts  ;)

It's great to have LOVE for this program !

It's great to be part of this ride from the beginning.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

this pretty much sums up how awesome our coach is...quoted from tbo.com:

In the locker room, Leavitt relied on an old standby - headbutting the helmeted players. "I thought he was going to knock himself out as hard as he was hitting some people," Grothe said.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it was a great game and a great day

nothing more needs to be said

How does crow taste anyway?

;D ;D ;D

what are you talking about?

usf beat one team one time

it was  a great victory but it will mean little if usf cant follow it up

in case you didnt notice usfcop,usf finished 4th in big east

alot more work needs to be done

you think usf turned the corner? not with loses to kansas , cinncy and ru in tampa

the coach of the year is schiano not leavitt

dont kid yourself.Grothe,one of the best qbs in country,bailed out leavitt and the staff.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

dont kid yourself.Grothe,one of the best qbs in country,bailed out leavitt and the staff.

"Bailed out" Leavitt and the staff, the ones who brought him to USF and then trained him... I marvel at the way your mind works at times.    ::)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,381
  • Days Won:  10

Steve, all of it is true -- what I wrote and what you wrote, although to say that whenever the coaches do something well it was not to their credit, it was just someone else covering for them.  That is a little radical.  I love his emotion and passion and I am very grateful that he is our coach.  But before this game, I gave the season a C and I am not changing that.  We lost games we should not have lost (no excuses -- we lost through lack of discipline, coaching, execution, etc.).  We should have been realistically 10-2, or 11-1.  But it is not all about W's and L's at this level.  If it were, I'd be a big professional football fan and I am not.

Focusing on only results whatever the cost is myopic and demonstrates a lack of appreciation for all of the other facets of college football.  What I want in my university football coach is contained in JL (except perhaps better public speaking abilities, but that is way down on the list).  I want the passion and caring that JL demonstrates.  I also want the results and they are coming at a record pace.  No one has ever done what JL has done with a college football team, so history making is not bad to settle for.  We will be playing for the BE title very soon.  But until then, we have a coach who loves the area, the university, the team, and the fans.  And it is being reciprocated.

We all have different expectations and personalities.  I am a feelings kind of guy, as one can see from my posts.  You may be a results kind of guy.  That gives us different criteria with which to judge.  That's ok.  There is room for each.  Let's all just give each other that room.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

what are you talking about?

usf beat one team one time

it was  a great victory but it will mean little if usf cant follow it up

in case you didnt notice usfcop,usf finished 4th in big east

alot more work needs to be done

you think usf turned the corner? not with loses to kansas , cinncy and ru in tampa

the coach of the year is schiano not leavitt

Because there is some truth as well as some personal bias in the smazza-man's typical response I won't be mean, but just say:

Baby steps, smazza, baby steps.

Don't lose perspective.  This is your previously "no football-playing" alma mater.  The program has "grown up" faster than ANY OF US (that includes you).  Enjoy the big wins when they come, and let's leave the second-guessing to those that know nothing about us.  Those will be the hardest to impress.

Sometimes it's just good to say "good game" and move on, even if you are on the same team.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Sometimes it's just good to say "good game" and move on, even if you are on the same team.

To be honest, he tried that on another thread and then got jumped on about eating crow or something ..... I think before that he was being pretty laid back but they let the genie out of the bottle.   ;)

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

CJL's emotions almost got the best of me also, a great job by the players and the coaches.