• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone else joining THE DARK SIDE yet?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Days Won:  0

Since when did this become the OSU message board?

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

OK, here's my take......I know we're a young program and all, but I'll use the example of Michigan.  It doesn't matter what bowl they go to, whether it be the Alamo Bowl all the way up to the National Championship, they back the maize and blue all they way.

Why is this a problem for the green and gold?????  We should be proud that we make it to ANY bowl game, no matter the locale.  If we were to go to a bowl as far as Boise, Idaho or as close as the Outback Bowl, we should be there in-person (if possible) and if not in-person, Bull Country is always there in spirit.  I for one know once I graduate and am settled on my feet, I will do my damnedest to be a season ticket holder for football and to travel to the bowl game as often as possible.

Sorry if my $0.02 bothers anyone, I just had to find the avenue to get this off of my chest, and this was the place.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

With such an impressive showing at Louisville was just wondering if anyone else has joined the so-called DARK SIDE? Won't speak for anyone else, but just going to the "Toilet Bowl" isn't good enough for me. Guess that's what happens when you grow up watching & rooting - YES ROOTING - for one of THE BEST teams in the country. Watching them once again make it to the national championship gamehas probably spoiled me in being sympathetic to mediocre coaching. And, before you all jump on me for being an Ohio State homer...I was rooting for them way before most of you were probably even born - and, obviously way before USF even had a football team.  

So, is everyone out there okay with beating the crappy teams of the BE, and losing to the good ones? Or, have you started to see that Jim Leavitt isn't the guy that's going to take this program any further? See you in Arizona.

Guys don't worry I live in Ohio, this is the native tounge roughly translated it says..."Have you seen my baseball"

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  254

With such an impressive showing at Louisville was just wondering if anyone else has joined the so-called DARK SIDE? Won't speak for anyone else, but just going to the "Toilet Bowl" isn't good enough for me. Guess that's what happens when you grow up watching & rooting - YES ROOTING - for one of THE BEST teams in the country. Watching them once again make it to the national championship gamehas probably spoiled me in being sympathetic to mediocre coaching. And, before you all jump on me for being an Ohio State homer...I was rooting for them way before most of you were probably even born - and, obviously way before USF even had a football team.

So, is everyone out there okay with beating the crappy teams of the BE, and losing to the good ones? Or, have you started to see that Jim Leavitt isn't the guy that's going to take this program any further? See you in Arizona.  

Hey Ohio State homer.  How was it like being a Texas Longhorn homer last year?  Do you have a team to root for next year yet or are you going to wait until next year at this time to pick one???   I do know you can't have Southern Cal because Smazza already has claimed them.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

*sits back and watches someone else get trashed for not living in a green and gold world*

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

*sits back and watches someone else get trashed for not living in a green and gold world*

It's not that at all. To come in here and throw the Ohio State allegiance out like that is absolutely bush league.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,724
  • Days Won:  425

Someone getting trashed for slamming the Bulls on thebullspen.com ...... Go figure.   ::)

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468

Jealousy is an awful thing. How does being born in Ohio into a household that roots for Ohio State, watching or going to EVERY game since I was about 6-years old, and rooting for only that college team for 33 years before USF even had a team make me an Ohio State homer?

So, I'm guessing none of you rooted for any teams 10+ years ago? You just became football fans when USF decided to start a program? That's pretty amazing...became football fans when USF got a program...and, didn't even watch the game before that. That's wild. I'm thinking smazza was a USC fan before USF had a program, so guessing he'll be rooting for them while I'm rooting for Ohio State. So, yes, I guess I do feel pretty good about Ohio State. BTW, I live about 2 miles from OSU campus.  

But, don't feel so great about the one of the college I attended. Keep telling yourself the 10-year deal if that makes YOU feel better. Cincy and Louisville embarassed USF. West Virginia will do the same. Sad, really. You guys can keep on telling yourselves that Jim Leavitt is the guy, but how long are you going to give him? Schiano turned Rutgers around in what 5 years? 130+ years of crappy football and turned them around in 5 years. So, the 10 year time clock is ticking pretty hard.

Bottom line is that none of you have come to the DARK SIDE. Getting spanked by West Virginia probably won't do it. Maybe another year or two of crappy JL coached football will. Man, it's nice to watch a real coach like Tressel coach.  

It's not that at all. To come in here and throw the Ohio State allegiance out like that is absolutely bush league.

I watched the OSU game in a bar down the street. Game of the century. Columbus was absolutely "up for grabs" for the entire week before the game, and the weekend here was just crazy. Both OSU and MI fans were all over the place and the atmosphere couldn't even be described. Fans were absolutely besides themselves throughout the game, and obviously afterwards. I get home on such and incredible high just in time to PAY to watch USF. What a freakin' buzz-kill. They looked absolutely horrendous, out-coached, and out-played in every aspect.  So, call it bush league. Call it whatever. The program needs to step it up or it's going to be locked into the UCF teams of the world forever. Knew the Ohio State deal was just going to piss most of you off. But, what the hell. Not making any friends here anyway, and don't really care. That's what makes America so great. Can say what I want, and see what happens.

p.s. It's okay to say the team isn't that good. No one is going to ask for their USF JL signature visor back.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Man, it's nice to watch a real coach like Tressel coach.

A bit easier to coach when his recruiting and the treatment of his players is shady at best.

What jealousy are you speaking of? I don't think anyone here is jealous of Ohio State.