• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

tbo.com has a good poll

Guest wildrover

We did very good compared to expectations.  We PJ at the helm we would have one 3 or 4 but he wasn't so we did a lot better.  With that being said, it still wasn't a great season.  As has been mentioned, we lost to everyone we were supposed to lose to plus Kansas.  We should have won that game but we played really bad that day.  Cincy just looked like the better team in my opinion, simliar to Louisville, we just got beat but Kansas, we beat ourselves by not playing our game.

For whatever reason we still don't have the same team on the road that we have at home, until we get that then we will continue to have c to b seasons IMO.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

I think a C would be 6 - 6, B at 7 - 5 or 8 - 4, and an A being better.

I agree with this line...

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

B

we have  7 wins (still a game left) and although we struggled early, we have improved and we have 3 years left with Grothe at the Helm.

Could it have been better?  perhaps, but we are young.

Could it hvae been worse?  absolutely... much worse... we could have easily lost to FIU... look how far we've come since that game.  What could have been disaster has turned into a lock for a bowl.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

link.gif

These links are on top of the page always . . . I didn't put a specific link because it was on the page that is linked.

And I gave a C

[smiley=GoBulls.gif]

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

We did very good compared to expectations.  

Most people were predicting 10-0/9-1 starts, expectations were very high.

I'd go with a C, it could all change Saturday though.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  698

I voted C with a win Sat. I will upgrade to a B...Just lost some very winable games and also should have blown some teams out that we didn't...But, like I always told my parents, A "C" will get you a degree.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

C----average season....nothing extraordinary accomplished this season  :'(

we beat all the teams we were suppose to beat and lost to a few that we were suppose to win...

so far only one team we beat is bowl eligible....

I gotta say I am amazed by how many 'automatic' "W's" many USF fans award our team.  I don't know where you get your information but Da Cuse, Uconn, Pitt, are all at least as talented as us but in many cases more talented.  I would never consider any of those three 'guarantees'.  

That's presumptious.  I always love the argument about the fact we beat the teams we were suppose to beat-- isn't that doing your job?  Win the games you should win.  Some will say look at the records of the teams we beat, that's horsecrap, because if we're suppose to win, and we win who cares...on the flip look at the record of the teams we lost to, and what they're doing.

The grade of a B is fair, maybe B-....getting to a bowl game achieving 7 regular season wins, and finding ways to win in the face of some serious adversity was impressive.  A young team, still developing as a BCS team was able to find enough depth on the bench to be successful- that's amazing.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

I gave it a C.  First, I don't look at the end of the season and judge how we should have done in the middle.  I look at the games/teams we played and how we played.

I truly believe that we didn't get beat this season.  We beat ourselves with penalties, turnovers, and two games where we came out sedated -- Cinn and L'ville.  Rutgers could have gone either way, but we proved that we could have beaten them if not for dropped passes, etc.  There has not been one game this year that we couldn't have won if we played up to our potential, including L'ville.  For that, I gave us a C.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

I'll give the Bulls a B minus grade for this season so far. They have beaten some teams they were not favored against and all the ones they were supposed to beat save Cincinnati (who may have been severely underrated at the time).

We've seen significant improvement at QB but were not able to replace Andre Hall effectively just yet. We have lots of room for improvement of course but the reason I give this squad as high a grade as I do is that we are getting the most out of players that I feel we can about 83 % of the time. Perfect seasons are pretty rare, even our 2002 squad had some bumps in the road (OU and Arky), and to me-- the only real way to get a perfect season is to win all your games. We've lost 4 and only been blown out once (by a top ten team). Two losses could have just as easily been wins and the Cinci game was our UConn/Army game this year. Seems like we always have one of those types of games.

Anywa-- I think we met our goals this season regardless of what happens in the WVU game. I doubt any of us thought we could compete for the BE crown this year. But securing a bowl for the second straight year-- regardless of who we played to accomplish this feat, is an important step. Beating Pitt-- a team we were underdogs to-- was crucial and helped bring us out of the C or possibly D+ grade area. That isn't an endorsement of Pitt as world beaters but it does say that beating them again (and thoroughly at that) was a necessary step. As young as this team is, I expect these grades to improve next year.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

I'll give them a "C". I'm not really a Bull hater but I thought we would be lucky to get past .500 this year. We lost to some teams that I thought we would and some I didn't think we would, we also won some games I was skeptical about. Good year overall.

Little modification here after reading some others. I would have gone B if we had beat Kansas or Rutgers. Knowing now what I knew about Rutgers when we played them. OVERRATED!