• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gary Shelton..USF vs FSU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765
  • Days Won:  0

The Gator Bowl could put that match up together, but they will probably do something closer to the projected Oklahoma / Clemson matchup.   Now that has to be a big draw in Jacksonville.     ;D

That said a rematch with our former conference mates wouldn't be all bad.    Need to get our team back up to speed on eye gouging and dodging hot chocolate that might be tossed in thier direction.    Anyone still have any links to some good mullet pics?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

"USF fans would flock by the dozens..."??  Ef him.

What are you talking about?!?  I bet USF would send atleast 48 people! MAYBE EVEN 60!!!!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,038
  • Days Won:  469

Times like this I want to take off the board's profanity filter...help old fat boy know just how you and some of the rest of us feel about his backhanded comment.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Times like this I want to take off the board's profanity filter...help old fat boy know just how you and some of the rest of us feel about his backhanded comment.

Comments like that will continue until we pack the house and future bowls with green and gold maniacs.   IF we want those comments to stop profanity wont do anything butting arses in seats will

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,038
  • Days Won:  469

Sometimes it seems too much to get accurate reporting out of the local rags.  It seems they value a poor sense of humor over factual reporting.

But you are right.  A-holes are always the last to get on board.  It's too much fun to put down the local team.  In fact we brought thousands to the Meineke Bowl in Charlotte.  How does he get it wrong?  A Selfish attempt to be funny at the expense of USF.  That needs to stop.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Besides, he could stand on the balcony of the team hotel and make fun of UCF.

that was pretty funny

What about the Tangerine Bowl?

Large crowd....

Location would draw lots of interest of both schools.

In Orlando.......

Makes to much sense to happen......

Tangerine Bowl (now Champs Sports Bowl) has a new ACC vs Big 10 agreement...and with their new date (Dec 29th), this Bowl now pays out $2 Million plus...as this Bowl dropped their Big 12 #7 team agreement to take the Big 10 #4-#5 Team (split with Alamo Bowl).

Don't think the Big 10 or the ACC will be willing to give up their spot to help anyone.

KL

PS. But yes...FSU/USF game would be a HUGE draw in Orlando...(not sure about National TV ratings...which is why Bowls like National Match-ups...especially if nothing is on-the-line).

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Calling a USM vs USF a yawner just proves Gary's ignorance of USF's FootBull extremely short history.  Ok for the average CF fan but not a sports journalist in USF's home town.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Comments like that will continue until we pack the house and future bowls with green and gold maniacs.   IF we want those comments to stop profanity wont do anything butting arses in seats will

While I totally agree with you, everyone of us that were at the Meineke Bowl saw the approximately 4,000+ USF fans plus the band in a section. And for around 4,000 we were a sea of green and we were boisterous.  It was a good feeling, among that sea of red it was like an island, an oasis.  Very impressive considering the fact I've been to  8 road games before that and that was by far the most impressive USF contingent I had seen.

It can get bigger, and better and if every season we can add 500+ each year to that core group this time you can see in 3 more years where USF will expect to put 8-10k in the stands every time.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

While I totally agree with you, everyone of us that were at the Meineke Bowl saw the approximately 4,000+ USF fans plus the band in a section. And for around 4,000 we were a sea of green and we were boisterous.  It was a good feeling, among that sea of red it was like an island, an oasis.  Very impressive considering the fact I've been to  8 road games before that and that was by far the most impressive USF contingent I had seen.

It can get bigger, and better and if every season we can add 500+ each year to that core group this time you can see in 3 more years where USF will expect to put 8-10k in the stands every time.

Yup i was there too but in order to have respect from the outside we have to do it year in and year out.  we must show improvement and a steady and consistant sea of green and gold before we can start to get upset at the perception of our fanbase.  Sometime people forget that we are young as a program and still have alot of growing pains to grow through.  Throwing a hissy fit when ever someone takes a shot as us is just as constructive as the shot the writer/broadcaster etc took at us.  If you want to shut them up get friends, family, coworkers to the games and turn them into bulls.  Get them to attend every game they can the constant crying about disrespect and criticsim accomplishes nothing you must take action as they detractors will only stop when they see a change and results whether its on the field or in the fan base.