• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Should we secretly be rooting for.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

No way....

if USF wins I am not going to apologize. If UL is the better team that day and they will take care of business. However if they lose I am not going to apologize for taking them out of the MNC game. That would be their fault not ours.

Conversely, if they beat our Bulls then I will root for them just as hard as I root for USF, b/c the impact that would have on our conference and pocketbook!

Then again, before we get too carried away in jumping on the UL bandwagon, realize that if UL gets to the MNC and wins, recruiting becomes harder for USF b/c UL recruits the hell out of Florida and the TAMPA BAY AREA.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not sure how much it helps us if they win the title or get there or whatever.  Who cares really.  At this point the big east has enough respect that we'll be fine.  Yeah there are a lot of critics that I disagree with, but why would you ever root for a team to beat yours?  That makes no sense.  Beating an undefeated team to prevent them from going to a national championship game would be nice.

Sure, people would just say that proves they don't deserve it, but some people would acknowledge we have a good team, as well.  

I'll never understand rooting against your own team.  Big east respect is that that important.  I know USF doesnt really have a rival yet, but Louisville is a team that should become a rival.  As an FSU fan, I root for UF and Miami to do decent most years so it looks better when FSU beats them, but there is no way in hell I'd ever go for UF or Miami to win the title.  I dont want Clemson to continue to have more ACC titles either.

Why wouldn't you want USF to have the most Big East titles 1 day?  You know, we still have a mathematical shot to win it.

Also, Louisville beating Rutgers tonight would put us on ESPN or ESPN 2 (as opposed to ESPNU) saturday night!  Sure, that could be embarassing but it could also be the best win in school history.  Rutgers needs to lose 3 games so that would also keep up mathematically in the big east race.  

But whatever, if you want to go against your team so the Big East can potentially get some more respect that it doesnt need imo, you go right ahead.  I think most people realize by now that if Louisville goes undefeated they WILL be in the title game.  But I'm not even sure I would want them to win it except to prove Lurkle and others wrong (sorry buddy, heh).  I want USF to have more titles than Louisville one day.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

Bulls first... no way in hello dolly will I root agin the Bulls

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

>:(NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER GO AGAINST THE BULLS OF SOUTH FLORIDA >:(

Could'nt have said it better myself, Freak...

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

I think the  BIG EAST has already proven that a team can make the national championship game if they win out. To me, that is a big selling point to use in recruiting. Before this season began, not many gave respect to the BIG EAST. I think a USF team beating UL will just show you how deep the BIG EAST really is. I would say that we have 6 good teams out of 8 which is better than most conferences can say. Our two bottom teams stack up well against bottom teams from the other conferences. They can no longer threaten us about the BIG EAST losing the BCS bid. Recruiting is going to pick up all across the board in these next years for the BIG EAST.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Should we secretly be rooting for Louisville on Nov. 18th ?  Seriously,  I'm as big a Bulls fan as any of you, but I wonder if sacrificing our game with them this year will benefit us more in the long run than a win over them on the 18th.  A win by us over Louisville and the media's position of the Big East being soft is strengthened, a loss by us to them and a Louisville sweep of the remaining schedule= an invitation to the N.C. game, and a win over Mich/OhioSt by Louisville puts too rest forever the legitimacy of the Big East.  

What say you Bulls fans?

i would not and could not root against bulls

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

winning helps usf more than anything

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Just imagine the media coverage if USF managed to knock of The 'Ville two years in a row, while they were ranked in the top 10 both years. A win for USF would be huge for media presence, marketing, and recruiting. Louisville running the table and winning the NC doesn't provide as much of a windfall gain for us as USF beating Louisville.

Let's beat the pulp out of the Orange first, and then worry about the Birds w/teeth.