• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Should we secretly be rooting for.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  286
  • Days Won:  0

Should we secretly be rooting for Louisville on Nov. 18th ?  Seriously,  I'm as big a Bulls fan as any of you, but I wonder if sacrificing our game with them this year will benefit us more in the long run than a win over them on the 18th.  A win by us over Louisville and the media's position of the Big East being soft is strengthened, a loss by us to them and a Louisville sweep of the remaining schedule= an invitation to the N.C. game, and a win over Mich/OhioSt by Louisville puts too rest forever the legitimacy of the Big East.  

What say you Bulls fans?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I've thought long and hard about this and tht's why I'm cheering for RUTGERS tonight.  I hope they go undefeated.  They probibly wouldn't go to the NC game, but I would hope they would tear it up at the Orange Bowl?

If Rutgers wins out, we have no qualms about beating WVU or UL.

No. We should always root for USF.  The implications you discuss are the "silver lining" to a loss to Louisville.

No real Bulls fan would consider rooting against USF -- even in secret.  At best, you can be comfortable with a loss, but never never never root for one.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  827

Should we secretly be rooting for Louisville on Nov. 18th ?  Seriously,  I'm as big a Bulls fan as any of you, but I wonder if sacrificing our game with them this year will benefit us more in the long run than a win over them on the 18th.  A win by us over Louisville and the media's position of the Big East being soft is strengthened, a loss by us to them and a Louisville sweep of the remaining schedule= an invitation to the N.C. game, and a win over Mich/OhioSt by Louisville puts too rest forever the legitimacy of the Big East.  

What say you Bulls fans?

That is a tough question! I have thought about it for the last couple of days. I think my view on it is that I still want USF to beat Louisville. There is no way I can ever not root for us to not win. Just think of the media USF would get if we were the one's that ruin UL's title run. Might make up for the disappointment for the Big East. But I think my final feeling on this will be that I will not be as disappointed as usual if the Bulls do not pull out the upset.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Jim, I kind of have to disagree, but you're right.  Although it would be the silver lining to a loss, it would taint the win for me.  It's just not a good situation for a Bulls fan as well as a Big East fan.

All that said, if UL beats Rutgers... Go Bulls!!!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Never root for your team to lose.  Especially since we still have a (mathematical) shot at the Big East title.

My priorities are:

USF

Big East

Florida Schools (I know, I know, some of you can't do that)

Underdogs

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  358

I agree with JimUSFSig.  Always root for USF!  If Louisville deserves to go to the NC, then they'll beat us, but there is no way I'm rooting for that!

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

>:(NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER GO AGAINST THE BULLS OF SOUTH FLORIDA >:(

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  698

Always root for USF...I could care less if UL goes to a NC game, I think the BE has already made their statement, they don't need to ligitimize it by having a NC, though it would be nice. The BE having a good yr is far less important then it is to have USF have a good yr, in the BE

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I can't believe some people are even having thoughts about this.   I want THIS program to advance and get attention, a win over UL would be great for us and get us some national attention.  If UL wins the NC its bad for recruiting as they will have even more leverage then they already do and could even pick up more kids then they would have from this state.  Yes UL winning the NC would be great for the BE but there are very few ways it could be good for USF which is what all of should care about first and foremost.