• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What does CRM have to do to keep his job?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Make the BE tourney no but at least compete for a spot

Atta Boy! Way to shoot for the stars.  Only Compete to make a conference tourney????? You have to be kidding.  Right??? Please tell me you are kidding.  

Herman, it's not a matter of shooting low, it's a matter of reality. Realistically, I think RMc will keep his job if we make the Big East Tournament, which answers Flsportsfan's call for our opinions.

If he wants to keep his job beyond next season, he has to prove that he can recruit better or in the alternative really coach up the players that we bring in so that we are making it to the big dance on a more consistent basis.

I'd love for USF to get a huge impact player like Steve Francis was for Maryland when he came from Juco a few years ago, but I don't really see that happening any time soon. We have to take baby steps and be patient. I hope USF basketball becomes great in my lifetime, and I'm only 27!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

12 of 16 teams make it. These are McCullum's recruits. If we are not a top 12 team in our Conf. Fire the coach.

Did the other three non-Big East Tournament teams fire their coaches last year?  Just curious, I don't know.  Is that a rational ultimatum?

Let's hope RMC pulls a Greg Schiano and brings us back to the Greenberg years of respectability, and then takes us way further.

You still crack me up lawdog...I supported Seth the entire time he was here, but we were far from respected.

...but I dont care if half the team goes down with injuries this yr no more excuses.

That seems to be a little lacking in objectivity and fairness JEWBULL.  Your frustration gets the best of you.  But at least your reference to injuries indicates you do understand the impact injuries have had to the program as it is rebuilt in the toughest conference on earth.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

12 of 16 teams make it. These are McCullum's recruits. If we are not a top 12 team in our Conf. Fire the coach.

Did the other three non-Big East Tournament teams fire their coaches last year?  Just curious, I don't know.  Is that a rational ultimatum?

Lets see I know off the top of my head that Rutgers and Seton Hall fired coaches. Seton Hall made the NCAA tourney.

Well I checked the Big East media guide DePaul, Providence and St. John's finished in the bottom four and each kept their coach - all relatively new coaches to their program.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

The man has had more time than any other big conference coach would have been given so it's Conference Tourney or bust.

with the talent he has on the team he should contend and be one of the last teams into the BE tourney. IMO, this is his year to show what he can do b/c the last thing we want is go into 2007-2008 with a lame duck coach.

The only way I give him an exception is if he puts together a strong recruiting class between now and April. Signing Dustin Scott would be a great start...

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  243
  • Days Won:  0

All he has to do is not quit. The coach's job is not in jeopardy - yet. Maybe in another year or two, but this is not the make or break year. ... I also think it's funny how some people yearn for Greenberg mediocrity now.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Let's hope RMC pulls a Greg Schiano and brings us back to the Greenberg years of respectability, and then takes us way further.

You still crack me up lawdog...I supported Seth the entire time he was here, but we were far from respected.

Respectability is a qualitative measurement. If you want quantify that by saying we were far from respected with Greenberg, then I would think under McCullum we are a laughingstock.

Like Sheriff says, we can only HOPE he takes us further. It sounds like you are setting the bar low, since we were far from respected...so I say, what's the holdup in getting past that. I don't like that USF hoops is becoming a team of "loveable losers." We should be demanding more from this program.