• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What does CRM have to do to keep his job?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

I am being serious. As most of you know I dont think he can get it done. I feel that if CRM makes the Big East Tourney he should be given another year, if not he should be canned.  Does anybody disagree?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I'm not sure if making the tourney is fair. We're talking making the toughest counference tournament in the country. I'm not sure if there is exactly a requirement that can be set for him to keep his job. There are too many factors involved. If he cannot make any improvements from last season, then he needs to be releases. Is that too much to ask?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

12 of 16 teams make it. These are McCullum's recruits. If we are not a top 12 team in our Conf. Fire the coach.

So you think if we win 2 Big East Games we should keep him around. I agree the Conf is tough. But the bottum 8 or so are decent teams.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,780
  • Days Won:  3

Depends...what do you consider a substantial improvement?

1. A losing record, but with more conference wins than last year?

2. A winning record, but last seed in the BE tournament (just show up)?

3. A winning record, in the BE tourney and making it past the first round?

I'd bet that [1] or [2] merit retention, with the assumption that the bar is

set to [3] after this season.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

12 of 16 teams make it. These are McCullum's recruits. If we are not a top 12 team in our Conf. Fire the coach.

So you think if we win 2 Big East Games we should keep him around. I agree the Conf is tough. But the bottum 8 or so are decent teams.

I didn't realize it was 12 teams. So I guess that could be used as a good measuring stick.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

One would have to think with the track record that Mac has had so far he must be on a short leash.  I think he needs to get us a winning record and a invite to the NIT at least.  This isnt asking too much is you look at our out of conference sched.  

An improvement isnt going to cut it.  We can only improve from what happened last year.  

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,780
  • Days Won:  3

usf bball will suprise many this year

You know...that can be interpreted several ways.  8-)

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

There is a high likelihood that this team is not going to be half bad.  The practice insider information is that Grandsberry has been a beast inside and is going to really be a force, and Verdejo is nearly unstoppable with the ball.  IF Howard can return by early January from the partial tear (it was not as severe as his first injury), and with the weak OOC this team should be able to manage 15 wins.  In fact for me that's the bear minimum, anything less he should be fired.  But given the talent he has assembled I don't believe that the conference tourney is asking to much, particularly since this year many of the bottom level teams should be weaker due to attrition like Providence, Depaul, and Rutgers...we should we able to manage 4 conference wins.

Personally, I don't want to see him get 16-17 wins with a bunch of transfer players and we all annoint him.  I do believe that something like 18 wins and an NIT would be the only thing for me that restores confidence into the program.  I will still go to the games, but I fear he's loaded up on transfers and still lacks the ability to close on quality HS talent- although Saaka, Curry, and this latest commit were all steps in the right direction.  

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

The Washington Post sports section yesterday has his job as the #2 job in America for being on the hotseat. Let's hope RMC pulls a Greg Schiano and brings us back to the Greenberg years of respectability, and then takes us way further.