• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pitt's Strong tells Shoop and crew he's #1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  170

I agree that when you are out there in that capacity you should be careful in how you act-- more so than the fans.

It's just that fans so often do and say things to players/coaches from the stands that are so terrible. I hear them all game long-- mostly in the end zones and where the kickers warm up. There was one guy who was yelling at Wannstedt the entire game-- cursing up a storm and screaming constantly. Now Wanny can't hear a freakin' word this guy said the whole time but there are children at the game and it's just bad form to be yelling that stuff for little kids to hear. It's a bad example and it's intruding on the parents. Yeah-- i know-- they can choose to keep their kids home if they don't like it. But did we really gain anything from the tirade? Did we psych out the players and staff? I'm no angel-- I've done it myself in the past (yelling at other team reps from the stands) and at some point I realized how foolish it was. I also don't work blue (swear/cuss) so that part kind of irks me.

I do get a chickle out of some of the creative crap the guys who harass the kickers say. They probably get it at every school (at least all the times I've been within earshot they have at various places). And believe me-- Big Shoop is no angel in those stands folks-- so this kid probably let it get to him. Well that and the entire north end zone chanting "Pittsburgh Sucks".

Don't get me wrong-- I just want this stuff to be somewhat palatable to the masses. Is that fair or at least reasonable?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I know that Syracuse's QB  flipped off the WVU fan's a couple of weeks ago and the TV camera's caught it. I don't believe any disciplinary action was taken on him. Good move by Wanny to discipline Strong.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,473
  • Days Won:  43

I think Dave Wanstadt is sending a good message. He is building a nice program that wont tolerate that crap from the players. Sure the fans can be bad, but the players have to block the jeering out.

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  308
  • Days Won:  0

I think Dave Wanstadt is sending a good message. He is building a nice program that wont tolerate that crap from the players.

AGREED.  Influencing the CULTURE of a program is so important.  (See Hurricanes, Miami)   I admire DW for that.  Interesting that his sentence is the same as those guys who put on the disturbing pier-six brawl for over five minutes.  (that really says more about the minimum sentence that the combatants were gifted with)

I found it ironic that he did this in front of his own fans - although now I see in the pic that he was at least smart enough to face the south stands when he did it.

Rich

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Kudos Shoop! Your positive reinforcement to those losers were an important part of securing the victory. Thank you!

Hey MikeG... who cut your balls off anyways?  ;D

Guest wildrover
I agree that when you are out there in that capacity you should be careful in how you act-- more so than the fans.

It's just that fans so often do and say things to players/coaches from the stands that are so terrible. I hear them all game long-- mostly in the end zones and where the kickers warm up. There was one guy who was yelling at Wannstedt the entire game-- cursing up a storm and screaming constantly. Now Wanny can't hear a freakin' word this guy said the whole time but there are children at the game and it's just bad form to be yelling that stuff for little kids to hear. It's a bad example and it's intruding on the parents. Yeah-- i know-- they can choose to keep their kids home if they don't like it. But did we really gain anything from the tirade? Did we psych out the players and staff? I'm no angel-- I've done it myself in the past (yelling at other team reps from the stands) and at some point I realized how foolish it was. I also don't work blue (swear/cuss) so that part kind of irks me.

I do get a chickle out of some of the creative crap the guys who harass the kickers say. They probably get it at every school (at least all the times I've been within earshot they have at various places). And believe me-- Big Shoop is no angel in those stands folks-- so this kid probably let it get to him. Well that and the entire north end zone chanting "Pittsburgh Sucks".

Don't get me wrong-- I just want this stuff to be somewhat palatable to the masses. Is that fair or at least reasonable?

Dude, do you wear a dress when you're at these games?  Maybe sailing is more your thing, I don't think there is must trash talking there  ::)

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

Glad enforcement was swift and strong *cough* unlike others we know *cough*.

Did you just suck in bong water?....Keep coughing, keep coughing....

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  125

What?  I could be wrong here, but your posts in this thread almost sound like you're making excuses for what this guy did.  

I don't get it...You walk by our group every home game with your little smirk and never say a thing about your disgust for our "terrible" chants and harrasing of the players, but then you come on here and rip "Shoop & Co" almost every chance you get.  

Here's a suggestion...It's almost a week after Halloween.  You could probably get a good deal on a My Little Pony costume...

Guest r_to_the_izzo

The first thing 64 did (his name was something like ******) when they came out to warm up was let us know we were #1. Needless to say we showed him the same treatment at half and after the game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,702
  • Days Won:  424

but then you come on here and rip "Shoop & Co" almost every chance you get.

Here's a suggestion...It's almost a week after Halloween.  You could probably get a good deal on a My Little Pony costume...

"Big Shoop is no angel" is ripping him?? Maybe you can find one of those My Little Pony costumes in your size ...

I've got no problem with Shoop giving the other team crap as long as it's G-rated if there are kids around .... At least, it's the opposing team he's attacking this time.   ;)