• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

how does it benefit usf

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,297
  • Days Won:  0

We all shouldn't hesitate to cheer on every Big East Team.  If BE teams are playing strong it improves the image of the conference.  All USF needs to do is go out every game and play their best.  If we win......then there's nothing to worry about.  Just go out there and win!!  The rest will take care of itself.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

So we want the Big East teams to lose so that USF can be the best team in a bad conference?  Oh, okay.. let's go join the Sun Belt.

All your talk about SOS smazza, I would think since we play the teams in our conference we would want them to have a strong SOS - BY WINNING.

I'd like to see every BE team win until the week we play them.  Afterwards it all depends.  To think that we would want the whole conference watered down so that we would appear better, or our bowl chances would be better is ludicrous in my opinion.

Conference strength means alot - that's more than half our schedule right there.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

sos- takes into account are opponents records outside of conference play

since big east has fewest members it is imperative that  big east members start palying top competition on the road

dont you want to see be's best play other conference's best?

I DO

until that happens you will see one loss big east teams drop drastically in standings

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

I think you're back on the other side of your split argument...

So you agree we want them to play top teams and WIN right?  

Earlier I believe you stated we should want them to lose so that we can out-recruit them.

Can you clarify?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

I root for all BE teams when they are not playing us of course. Playing in a better conference makes out program more attractive to recruits. I am proud to be in the BE this year with 2 top 5 teams. The trickle down effect of publicity this conference is getting is making its way down to us too.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

I think you're back on the other side of your split argument...

So you agree we want them to play top teams and WIN right?  

Earlier I believe you stated we should want them to lose so that we can out-recruit them.

Can you clarify?

No wonder he's slipping, I've never seen an attorney that cannot stick on topic and argue a point.  Waffling is the worst trait for an attorney, particularly a litigator.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

since big east has fewest members it is imperative that  big east members start palying top competition on the road

I DO

until that happens you will see one loss big east teams drop drastically in standings

have to agree with Brad and Bien, you are going back and forth between two issues.

Are you debating the original point of why we would root for other be teams and what benefit there is to them doing well

or

Are you debating the necessity of having a strong ooc schedule?

Point one has been beaten to death and I haven't seen any logical reason from you on what benefit there is to us to hope the other teams do poorly.

for the second point, I personally agree that the ooc schedules should be stronger BUT to say that teams in the BE are playing easier schedules then other leagues is just wrong....they are ALL terrible.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

If two get a BCS bowl we get more money.  Other than that, it is best for USF to beat all 3 and be one of the two in the BCS bowl.  I always want the conference to do better than other conferences as a whole, so if I had it my way the BE would NEVER lose an OOC game no matter who played who.  If I had it my way though, USF would also go undefeated every year.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  274

I agree smazza. I went to Vandy and although there hasn't been much to cheer for there, I can't imagin e ever wanting to see Tenn. win' or  Ole Miss, or The Gators for that matter!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I DO

have to agree with Brad and Bien, you are going back and forth between two issues.

Are you debating the original point of why we would root for other be teams and what benefit there is to them doing well

or

Are you debating the necessity of having a strong ooc schedule?

Point one has been beaten to death and I haven't seen any logical reason from you on what benefit there is to us to hope the other teams do poorly.

for the second point, I personally agree that the ooc schedules should be stronger BUT to say that teams in the BE are playing easier schedules then other leagues is just wrong....they are ALL terrible.

two issues

dont understand why a usf fan would root for other big east teams during regular season

SOS for wv,ul,pitt and rutgers is soem of the worst for ranked teams.i have given many examples.until big east schedule top teams big east will not get respect

wait until you see where loser of ul/wv ends up in polls