• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

how does it benefit usf

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

if ul/wv/rutgers finish strong?

that would mean all 3 would need to beat usf

isnt it better usf beats all 3?

i find it odd that many of you root for big east teams to do well

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I agree with you.  I understand rooting for  other Big East teams in bowl games and even after we have played and beaten a team maybe.  It doesn't make sense to root for a rival team that has the chance to take your spot in a bowl game.  Shouldn't we have been rooting against PITT and Cincinnati all year?  I have a hard time believing that any UGA fan ever roots for the Gators or a Sooner fan ever roots for Texas.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

well, during the non-conference season i want big east teams to win because it improves the look of the conference.  if we won the big east i want it to be with wins against ranked teams.  however, i'm ok with teams like UCF losing all season despite our SOS going down because i want USF to out-recruit them like they have been.  

i'm sure most people on this board are rooting for USF to beat all those teams.  most of them seem to want the ot her big east teams to win the title.  i'm not sure if i'd be rooting for them to win it.  i think it would make the big east look good but at the same time i dont want other big east teams to be far and away above us.  

the rankings would seem to help their recruiting anyway, but the last time i looked at the recruiting websites they werent doing much better in that area so far.  winning the BCS game against georgia didnt make WVU's recruiting take off like i thought it would, though, so maybe media perception of the conference for poll rankings would be more beneficial than the lack of a boost of recruiting from the other teams doing well.  who knows.

but yeah, i dont generally go for teams that we compete with for recruiting, and right now that seems to be every team in the country that recruits in florida.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  81

I agree with you.  I understand rooting for  other Big East teams in bowl games and even after we have played and beaten a team maybe.  It doesn't make sense to root for a rival team that has the chance to take your spot in a bowl game.  Shouldn't we have been rooting against PITT and Cincinnati all year?  I have a hard time believing that any UGA fan ever roots for the Gators or a Sooner fan ever roots for Texas.

It seems as though with the exception of a few rivals like OU-Texas and FLA-UGA like you mentioned that SEC fans and Big 12 fans would root for a fellow conference member.  For example, if the national championship game was Arkansas vs. Ohio State I would think that UF fans would want Arkansas to win for the conference prestige factor.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

well, during the non-conference season i want big east teams to win because it improves the look of the conference.  if we won the big east i want it to be with wins against ranked teams.  however, i'm ok with teams like UCF losing all season despite our SOS going down because i want USF to out-recruit them like they have been.  

i'm sure most people on this board are rooting for USF to beat all those teams.  most of them seem to want the ot her big east teams to win the title.  i'm not sure if i'd be rooting for them to win it.  i think it would make the big east look good but at the same time i dont want other big east teams to be far and away above us.  

the rankings would seem to help their recruiting anyway, but the last time i looked at the recruiting websites they werent doing much better in that area so far.  winning the BCS game against georgia didnt make WVU's recruiting take off like i thought it would, though, so maybe media perception of the conference for poll rankings would be more beneficial than the lack of a boost of recruiting from the other teams doing well.  who knows.

but yeah, i dont generally go for teams that we compete with for recruiting, and right now that seems to be every team in the country that recruits in florida.

THe reason for WVU's recruiting not skyrocketing is the fact that their facilities are terrible. There are some high schools that have better facilities. In fact after yesterday's news, I am almost certain that Rich Rodriguez will use another job as leverage for improvements to WVU's facilities.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Rutgers already beat us.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I have a hard time believing that any UGA fan ever roots for the Gators or a Sooner fan ever roots for Texas.

The SEC and the Big 12 were not in perceived danger of losing their BCS bids after the conference shake-ups.  

It seems as though with the exception of a few rivals like OU-Texas and FLA-UGA like you mentioned that SEC fans and Big 12 fans would root for a fellow conference member.  For example, if the national championship game was Arkansas vs. Ohio State I would think that UF fans would want Arkansas to win for the conference prestige factor.

i cant even stomach rooting for big east teams in bowl games but i understand 84's point

not true in usc country

usc fans dont root for any pac team to do well unless it impacts directly on them

frankly i have never heard of rooting for your conference mates until i noticed it on this board

people are getting vicarious please from other big east teams doing well

guys we need usf to win the division not wv ,ul or especially rutgers that vies for same recruits as usf

while i appear to be negative most of you have given up on season already also without admitting it

the better big east teams do the worse for usf.

there are way to many threads routing on other big east teams than i would like to see

I have a hard time believing that any UGA fan ever roots for the Gators or a Sooner fan ever roots for Texas.

The SEC and the Big 12 were not in perceived danger of losing their BCS bids after the conference shake-ups.  

gator and texas fans do not root for other teams under any cirmcumstance

other sec and big 12 teams dont either

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

That is amzing isnt eats it_.  Just last year the BE was the media ugly duckling and then WV beat GA in their bowl game and now we almost have half the conference ranked in the top 25.

Hate to say it but USF losing to WV won't hurt that much if it means WV can go and win a NC.  Imagine if WV won the NC and then a team from the BE became the BB chanps.  WOW would that be great or what.