• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

how many years left on leavitt's

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

We only have him wrapped up until 2012?  We should start working on an extension now and give him $1.5 Mil a year until 2020 before some other program does!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

This crap is so frustating to have to debate. I really question anyones football knowledge when they have this type of outlook for the program.

As discussed on another board on this site, there are certain people here that present certain opinions simply to espouse them, not to actually have a discussion of ideas, facts, or pros and cons.  There are certain people that do not wish to actually have a truly inciteful debate-like discussion, because that would actually require them to respect, address, and discuss facts that are contrary to their opinions.

I state this because it does NOT require someone to be a "green and gold goggle wearer" to disagree with such people.  It only requires someone that is willing to actually review the entire landscape of the program and review the pros and cons to see that these people are limited in perspective.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

CJL has ATLEAST 3 more years before a judgement can be made one way or another.  We're very young this year so i think the future will be very bright and we will improve by leaps and bounds in the next 2 seasons.  This years recruiting class will play a major roll in how long or short his future tenure will be after that as it will be the rebound class 3 years down the road that will be expected to step up and fill in when alot of the athletes on this team now move on.  Its far to early to be talking about extensions or letting him go no matter how much you love or dislike the way he coaches or his personality. Also i wouldnt be surprised if long time Defensive coordinator Mickey Andrews replaces bowden when he leaves.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Does CJL deserve the right to be compared to Bowden / JoePa with regards to contract for life? That is what I responded to. I obviously do not agree with that assessment, if you do why?

Gotta agree with you on that.  Leavitt's has done a heck of a job growing this program from the ground up, but hasn't had the kind of success that would deserve that kind of a pass.

That's what's funny with these threads.  I think smazza started it to make his routine point that Leavitt should be let go.  Then people creep out with these comparisons to Bowden and JoePa when both of these opinions are on the fringes of reality.  The debate gets lost because one extreme counters another!

Bottom line is Leavitt has six more years.  Only his critics are not willing to see that committment to him play out.  Much like the RMC critics.  We offered a contract through 2012.  We'd be stupid less than a year later to act as if things have somehow gone terribly south since extending his contract when in fact things have remained about the same if not improving.

actually i just want to know how many years left on his contract

there was no hidden agenda

s i can talk about giving him such a long contract but i wont

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

This is bad.  I guess it means we will have to listen to Smazza and his cowgirls complain for another 5 years.  I think we all hope that JL becommes to USF what Bobby Bowden is to FSU.  I just heard the other day Bobby has a "life-time" contract for 2 million a year.  Really - until  he dies, even if he quite tommorow.  Now that is an awesome contract.

you will be hearing from more people  than smazza

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

[smiley=council.gif] [smiley=council.gif] [smiley=council.gif]

I am sure there will be thousands. ;D

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

When has USF ever fired a coach with years left on their contract.

Paschal = NO

Greenberg = left on his own

EC = Not renewed

I think that Perry Hankins (womens V-ball) was the only one fired....

USF does not have the CA$H to make those kinds of moves...

GO BULLS.............

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Paschal = NO

EC = Not renewed

What about the women's hoops coach, Winters?

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

Paschal = NO

EC = Not renewed

BBB, you are correct my friend. BUT, wasn't there reasons larger than $$$$$ that the Athletic Department HAD to act?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Paschal = NO

EC = Not renewed

BBB, you are correct my friend. BUT, wasn't there reasons larger than $$$$$ that the Athletic Department HAD to act?

Most definitely, just meant that Hankins wasn't the only one fired with years left on her contract ..... btw, why was Hankins fired? Just not winning enough?