• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

how many years left on leavitt's

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Why?  Do you want him to coach your beloved USC Trojans?

Nice job Omni..... ;D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Our football team has not been at one level of competition long enough to judge what kind of recruiter Leavitt will ultimately turn out to be.  Before we make any judgement about that yet we need to see where this past year's class turns out during their JR and SR years.

We jumped from 1AA to 1A which allowed us to attract a completely different level of athlete.  Then 2 years later we went to a conference affiliation which allowed us  a step up.  Then 2 years later to a BCS level of competeition with the potential to play for the National Championship.  if you ever read the quotes from some of the higher rated recruits we have been talking to the last couple of years, they all state they would never have given USF a second thought if it wasn't for the BCS affiliation.

The reason we are so young is that the younger players we have been recruiting since announcing we were joining the Big East, for the most part, have been superior athletes/football players than what we had before.  Now that we are recruiting those superior athletes, they need to learn how to play football (not just get by because they are the fastest guy on the field) and mature physically.

I don't think you fairly judge Leavitt until the we are on a level playing field depth wise as other BCS schools.  That will take another couple of years.

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Jim Leavitt is to South Florida as Bobby Bowden is to FSU.

As many years as he wants.

That is about the dumbest statement I have ever heard

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  188

Our football team has not been at one level of competition long enough to judge what kind of recruiter Leavitt will ultimately turn out to be.  Before we make any judgement about that yet we need to see where this past year's class turns out during their JR and SR years.

We jumped from 1AA to 1A which allowed us to attract a completely different level of athlete.  Then 2 years later we went to a conference affiliation which allowed us  a step up.  Then 2 years later to a BCS level of competeition with the potential to play for the National Championship.  if you ever read the quotes from some of the higher rated recruits we have been talking to the last couple of years, they all state they would never have given USF a second thought if it wasn't for the BCS affiliation.

The reason we are so young is that the younger players we have been recruiting since announcing we were joining the Big East, for the most part, have been superior athletes/football players than what we had before.  Now that we are recruiting those superior athletes, they need to learn how to play football (not just get by because they are the fastest guy on the field) and mature physically.

I don't think you fairly judge Leavitt until the we are on a level playing field depth wise as other BCS schools.  That will take another couple of years.

This is the  most intelligent post I have read in months.  Completely agree.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,832
  • Days Won:  22

He wants USF to get a name coach like O'Leary to come to Tampa. ::)

He wants USF to get a name coach like O'Leary to come to Tampa. ::)

We need a name coach in BB to jump start some interest in the program and bring us to a level of BIG EAST respectibility.

In football we are fine.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i find it amusing all the pro leavitt fans came back with wisecracks but no answer leaving me with the only reasonable  conclusion  

none of you know the answer(you guys are kidding ,right?)

assume he has 2 years left  i would wait until end of next season before negotiating another contract.

if usf isnt in hunt for BE title next year ( 3rd place finish or better) it is time for a change

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,832
  • Days Won:  22

Im NOT a pro-Leavitt fan. I just realize the limitations our program has right now. I would love USF to be on par with the big boys but until our alumni step up and give as much as those in those schools do and when our fans start showing up at home games and Bowl games as those fans do, then i will start comparing USF to them.

I guess you forgot USF was third in BE last year.Our team lacks the depth to be competitive game in and game out thats a fact. Still if you look at the last few years that is chnaging.

Our depth has gotten better at LB,DB's,WR and even OL. We still need to improve at DL,RB and QB

Some still forget that USF is NOT known in most of the nation as having a 1AA BCS program.

i find it amusing all the pro leavitt fans came back with wisecracks but no answer leaving me with the only reasonable  conclusion  

none of you know the answer(you guys are kidding ,right?)

assume he has 2 years left  i would wait until end of next season before negotiating another contract.

if usf isnt in hunt for BE title next year ( 3rd place finish or better) it is time for a change

While I wouldn't say if he doesn't challenge for the BE championship next year a change needs to be made, it should certainly be a reason to turn up the temperature on the hot seat for the following year.  There's too much at stake to let mediocrity take a hold of the program.  However, as I stated before, this last recruiting crop needs time to show what they can do.  If the recruits we landed during the BCS affiliation prove to not measure up then alternatives need to be considered, but not before.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  10

Since I have not seen an answer:  

After a quick Google search It looks like the current contract goes through 2012.

Here are a couple of links talking about the last extension

http://www.sptimesphotos.com/blogs/usf/2005/11/bulls-sign-leavitt-through-2012.html

http://www.fanblogs.com/south_florida/006202.php