• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

how many years left on leavitt's

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

i find it amusing all the pro leavitt fans came back with wisecracks but no answer leaving me with the only reasonable  conclusion  

none of you know the answer(you guys are kidding ,right?)

assume he has 2 years left  i would wait until end of next season before negotiating another contract.

if usf isnt in hunt for BE title next year ( 3rd place finish or better) it is time for a change

He's contracted through 2012 smazza, anyone paying attention would know that.  Sorry if that is a wisecrack.  6 more years!  Hoo-ah!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Contract negotiations will start up again around '09 or '10, in order to maintain the long term contract that recruits want to see before committing to a school.

I expect that we're more likely to have Leavitt poached than to not resign him in the future.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  132
  • Days Won:  0

Does CJL deserve the right to be compared to Bowden / JoePa with regards to contract for life? That is what I responded to. I obviously do not agree with that assessment, if you do why?

6 more years - can be a lifetime if USF hovers around the middle of the pack in the BE and will do to the football program what it did to the baseball and basketball programs. USF does not have the luxury of time in the era of what have you done for me lately. The out of conference schedule needs to be upgraded.

Does CJL deserve the right to be compared to Bowden / JoePa with regards to contract for life? That is what I responded to. I obviously do not agree with that assessment, if you do why?

Gotta agree with you on that.  Leavitt's has done a heck of a job growing this program from the ground up, but hasn't had the kind of success that would deserve that kind of a pass.

Gotta agree with you on that.  Leavitt's has done a heck of a job growing this program from the ground up, but hasn't had the kind of success that would deserve that kind of a pass.

That's what's funny with these threads.  I think smazza started it to make his routine point that Leavitt should be let go.  Then people creep out with these comparisons to Bowden and JoePa when both of these opinions are on the fringes of reality.  The debate gets lost because one extreme counters another!

Bottom line is Leavitt has six more years.  Only his critics are not willing to see that committment to him play out.  Much like the RMC critics.  We offered a contract through 2012.  We'd be stupid less than a year later to act as if things have somehow gone terribly south since extending his contract when in fact things have remained about the same if not improving.

Yeah, let's dump this guy...

FSU, which saw its ranking go a-glimmering long ago, got edged by the Terps to stay in the cellar of its division of the ACC. Mike Celizic is calling for Bobby Bowden's head. He lists several possible replacements, including USF's Jim Leavitt. Speaking of which, the Bulls have a week off to regroup from their disheartening, error-blighted loss to Cincinnatti. Next saturday, they face Pitt.

http://selfabsorbedboomer.blogspot.com/2006/10/college-football-bash.html

The fans are suggesting Rich Rodriguez, who’s  done a great  job at West Virginia, Bobby Petrino, the offensive genius who has turned Louisville into a national power, or South Florida  coach Jim Leavitt. Another name that gets raised whenever there’s a job opening is that of Rutgers coach Greg Schiano, who insists he’s staying in New Brunswick, even though his old school, Miami, is very high on him to solve its coaching problems.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15430249/page/2/

Nice crowd to be mentioned in....but let's fire him before the Seminoles can take him from us and give him the resources to become a legend.

;D

That's why I said I thought he'd be poached before we'd not resign him... ;)

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

This is bad.  I guess it means we will have to listen to Smazza and his cowgirls complain for another 5 years.  I think we all hope that JL becommes to USF what Bobby Bowden is to FSU.  I just heard the other day Bobby has a "life-time" contract for 2 million a year.  Really - until  he dies, even if he quite tommorow.  Now that is an awesome contract.

Smazza and his cowgirls

;D ;D ;D

:-X :-X :-X