• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

The way Grothe passed last night...I see why he's been doing more running than passing. Granted he's a freshman (redshirt), but terrible night none the less.

Don't know what you guys wanted from the playcalling, but we couldn't run, and Grothe didn't give our WR's much to work with. Just a bad overall game from the O...Playcalling was fine imo.

Anyone else see AJax and his alligator arms? Come on dude, make a catch.

Rueb

modified by Bulliever to remove player name-calling - strike one on Rueb

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

The way Grothe passed last night...I see why he's been doing more running than passing. Granted he's a freshman (redshirt), but terrible night none the less.

Don't know what you guys wanted from the playcalling, but we couldn't run, and Grothe didn't give our WR's much to work with. Just a bad overall game from the O...Playcalling was fine imo.

Anyone else see AJax and his alligator arms? Come on dude, make a catch.

Rueb

Agree on all copunts.  That long pass should have been caught and his attempt to catch it was the definition of alligator arms.

For all Grothe's hype (on this board at least) he is really an average QB with average arm strength who turns the ball over too much.  Everyone's just so used to seeing below avg qbing that when they see an average one, they think he's the second coming.  

modified by Bulliever to strike Rueb's inappropriate comments in quote

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

His arm strength may be average.  His poise is much above average, up until this last game.  I expect him to rebound.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

Anyone else see AJax and his alligator arms? Come on dude, make a catch, stop being such a panzy.

Rueb

Agree on all copunts.  That long pass should have been caught and his attempt to catch it was the definition of alligator arms.

For all Grothe's hype (on this board at least) he is really an average QB with average arm strength who turns the ball over too much.  Everyone's just so used to seeing below avg qbing that when they see an average one, they think he's the second coming.  

Sorry, but you are way off base here.  I have watched a ton of college football in my 40 years and Grothe is way above average.  His arm strength is not great, but acceptable.  His poise and feel for the game are way above average.  His accuracy is also way above average.  Grant it, against UC he lost the feel...but that happens even at the professional level.  Everyone has a bad game.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Anyone else see AJax and his alligator arms? Come on dude, make a catch, stop being such a panzy.

Rueb

Sorry, but you are way off base here.  I have watched a ton of college football in my 40 years and Grothe is way above average.  His arm strength is not great, but acceptable.  His poise and feel for the game are way above average.  His accuracy is also way above average.  Grant it, against UC he lost the feel...but that happens even at the professional level.  Everyone has a bad game.

I'm not trying to knock him here because I understand he's a RS FR but he has as many TDs as he does int's.  That is the bottom line for a QB and that is the definition of average.  i do think in two  years his ratio will be 2 TD's to 1 int but right now it is what it is.  

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

As of last night they had sewed up the cuts on his nose. It was pretty ugly.  Still to swollen to ex/ray.  They will know more the extent of damage today.

Did you guys watching tv see what happened? I was at the game and the play was on the other end of the field from our seats. He had a towel covering it when he walked by us .

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

I had heard someone say the vulchers would circle but everybody has been very supportive which I commend except beastie...to make a comment like that ...ah hell I aint even going to waste time on it. He had a bad game as did most of the rest of the team and we lost. Beastie maybe some day the team will please you and win every game for three years strait. I have said when Matt has a good game I will be there with you giving praise, when he has a bad one I will be right there with you saying so but to say he is average and not really any better than what we have had in the past is just plain talking out your a$$. So dont take this as not taking the good with the bad just take it as pointing out facts. Support or dont support I dont care but dont belittle when it is not perfect. Guys dont get on PJ he saved the shut out I mean how or when it happend in the game, does it really matter? I guess it is just hard to make everybody happy.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I had heard someone say the vulchers would circle but everybody has been very supportive which I commend except beastie...to make a comment like that ...ah hell I aint even going to waste time on it. He had a bad game as did most of the rest of the team and we lost. Beastie maybe some day the team will please you and win every game for three years strait. I have said when Matt has a good game I will be there with you giving praise, when he has a bad one I will be right there with you saying so but to say he is average and not really any better than what we have had in the past is just plain talking out your a$$. So dont take this as not taking the good with the bad just take it as pointing out facts. Support or dont support I dont care but dont belittle when it is not perfect. Guys dont get on PJ he saved the shut out I mean how or when it happend in the game, does it really matter? I guess it is just hard to make everybody happy.

Disclaimer:  Some of the views expressed (Beastie) on this board are not generally the opinions of the alumni, the students or the fan base. Keep in mind for every negative comment, there are probably at least 1000 which would refute those said comments.  I still remember the first time I got to see Matt in action   (the McNesse St. game)I was impressed by the way he took charge of the team, directing everyone where to go. He energized an offense which was almost dormant. He is the QB.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

modified by Bulliever to strike Rueb's inappropriate comments in quote

wow.  it was predicted by some that when grothe had a bad game SOMEONE would be the one to jump on him like this, and I guess it's you.  you have exactly ONE game as evidence that he is just "average."  judging by his previous performances, that is a "below average" game for grothe.  what do you call that?  oh, yeah, a bad game.

just ignore all the stats that point to grothe being one of the best freshman QBs in the nation.

I think his main fault is fumbling thus far, he needs to protect it a little better.  but geez, average?  so quick to forget.  16 total TDs, 11 total TOs.