• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

it was a bad game.  as fans we deserve it to your players not to call anyone out for it

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

it was a bad game.  as fans we deserve it to your players not to call anyone out for it

why?  stating facts doesnt tell them anything they dont already know.  im not being malicious, but a lot of players had bad games.  my biggest point is that blaming only the coaches is not telling the truth.

i know when i play football and have a bad game I'm as aware of it as anyone

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

That shows you that stats are for losers. The game didnt matter by the time Julmiste got to play, so those stats are worthless. Grothe did all he could to help keep USF in the game. I still think he will improve and learn from these mistakes.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Julmistes stats are against a prevent, knowing the situation they are worthless.

Sorry: I'm not pissing and moaning about PJ. Sorry If I gave that look. I was making a point that some of the stats (i.e. - Grothe, Ponton, etc - do reflect what happened on teh field)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

amazing-- people admit that the team as a whole had a bad game but people still want to piss and moan about PJ?

get a ******* life

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

All I can really say is I'm just disapointed but thank God PJ isn't our starter.

C/ATT      YDS      AVG      TD      INT

Matt Grothe      11/21      51      2.4      0      1

Pat Julmiste      8/15      80      5.3      1      0

not saying there should be a change, just dont think theres any need for that comment.  Pat prevented the shutout, with a great catch by S J Green and the amp hill TD catch.

As for some of you other guys...Grothe had a terrible game and hopefully will rebound next game, but dont just say its not his fault and start blaming the coaches.  I dont think 3rd and 19 QB draw was a good call, but execution from the players just wasnt there either.  fumbles, interception, drops, bad plays from randolph (who btw made some great plays and hopefully will also rebound).

oh, and 35 yards of penalties wasnt a big deal (cincy had 40)

pj put up better numbers  during nonconsequential junk time

grothe will continue to have bad games if leavitt doesnt give him the better players.ponton and chambers need to be in every down

grothe will continue to fumble as much as he runs

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

All I can really say is I'm just disapointed but thank God PJ isn't our starter.

not saying there should be a change, just dont think theres any need for that comment.  Pat prevented the shutout, with a great catch by S J Green and the amp hill TD catch.

As for some of you other guys...Grothe had a terrible game and hopefully will rebound next game, but dont just say its not his fault and start blaming the coaches.  I dont think 3rd and 19 QB draw was a good call, but execution from the players just wasnt there either.  fumbles, interception, drops, bad plays from randolph (who btw made some great plays and hopefully will also rebound).

i disagree.  i think the 3rd and 19 was a terrible call.  if youve got your mind set on running the ball on 3rd and long for a few yards, knowing youre going to be punting on the next down..hand the ball off to a RB!!  dont let your qb take a **** hit like that.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

grothe will continue to have bad games if leavitt doesnt give him the better players.ponton and chambers need to be in every down

isn't that convenient? That "nonconsequential junk time" happened to be the end of the game and that score avoided a shutout. Yet instead of acknowledging that PJ helped avoid a shutout-- something you surely would have HAMMERED USF for had it happened--- you blow it off.

Then you make a comment about Chambers-- who if you were paying attention supposedly broke his hand and is out for the season.  

I remember how much crap people said after USF got shut out in the Bowl game-- cant' say for sure that you were one of them-- but my point is that avoiding the shutout was important. And we didn't do it by kicking a field goal-- we actually passed for a TD in teh end zone--- and guess who caught it? WHy it was Amp Hill-- the guy you threw under the bus after the Rutgers game.

Now Steve-- I will admit that it was certainly during "nonconsequential junk time" that all this occured. But can you also admit that you have a tendency to put your own spin on what happens in a game to feed your argument?

And no-- this is not an attack on you. I just wanted to point this out to you.

More Ponton? Perhaps. Hard to run the ball when the clock is running down and you have 2 or 3 scores to make up. We blew it pretty much when the fake punt failed in most peoples eyes.

I just want to forget this game and move on-- and I think in that regard we are in agreement for once.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

I finally agree with something you say, Smazza.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

isn't that convenient? That "nonconsequential junk time" happened to be the end of the game and that score avoided a shutout. Yet instead of acknowledging that PJ helped avoid a shutout-- something you surely would have HAMMERED USF for had it happened--- you blow it off.

Then you make a comment about Chambers-- who if you were paying attention supposedly broke his hand and is out for the season.  

I remember how much crap people said after USF got shut out in the Bowl game-- cant' say for sure that you were one of them-- but my point is that avoiding the shutout was important. And we didn't do it by kicking a field goal-- we actually passed for a TD in teh end zone--- and guess who caught it? WHy it was Amp Hill-- the guy you threw under the bus after the Rutgers game.

Now Steve-- I will admit that it was certainly during "nonconsequential junk time" that all this occured. But can you also admit that you have a tendency to put your own spin on what happens in a game to feed your argument?

And no-- this is not an attack on you. I just wanted to point this out to you.

More Ponton? Perhaps. Hard to run the ball when the clock is running down and you have 2 or 3 scores to make up. We blew it pretty much when the fake punt failed in most peoples eyes.

I just want to forget this game and move on-- and I think in that regard we are in agreement for once.

When people are saying more ponton i think they mean less ben williams.  They mean that he should 90% of the carries and we should run him more because from what ive seen from him the more touches he gets the better he runs.  Hes obviously the better RB but for some reason CJL continues to use a RB by commitee approach.