• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

Thank God PJ is not our QB !!!!!

His High throws almost lost us 3 good recievers,  

AMEN!!!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821

Well....its nothing like that, its not like I am mad at beastie not in anyway shape or form. It a board of opinions and just that he gave his and I gave mine. Whan Matt goes out and lights it up and beats a team like Pitt or who knows it will show. But no body wants to "punch someone in the nose" unless beastie wants to punch me  LOL!  dont forget we are a family and brothers argue a little but its all good!! Bro if you follow around others kids then you got issues. ok should I go for 4001 times  LOL. you are not going to offend me by judging my kid, hell I am not offended now ,its not like that.

Keep up the spirtit!!

Matt will come around again and everone will be talking Heisman, it's like that in the football world.  "What have you done for me yesterday??"

Matt has many more good games in him than bad.  We just need to put a cast around him to support him on those days.  

An Off. Coord. with a clue about play calling would be a great start!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

For all Grothe's hype (on this board at least) he is really an average QB with average arm strength who turns the ball over too much.  Everyone's just so used to seeing below avg qbing that when they see an average one, they think he's the second coming.  

modified by Bulliever to strike Rueb's inappropriate comments in quote

wow.  it was predicted by some that when grothe had a bad game SOMEONE would be the one to jump on him like this, and I guess it's you.  you have exactly ONE game as evidence that he is just "average."  judging by his previous performances, that is a "below average" game for grothe.  what do you call that?  oh, yeah, a bad game.

just ignore all the stats that point to grothe being one of the best freshman QBs in the nation.

I think his main fault is fumbling thus far, he needs to protect it a little better.  but geez, average?  so quick to forget.  16 total TDs, 11 total TOs.

TD#'s = int#'s + Hasn't beaten a good defense yet = average QB.  Add in the tendency for fumbling and he is really toeing the line AT THIS POINT IN HIS CAREER.

ok, but here is the problem I have with your statements.  one should be able to tell by his comeback and near comeback efforts and complete command under pressure that he is NOT AVERAGE.  you admit he's young and still learning, well ok.  but you have to account for that and look at everything else he does.  he has 1 more TD than INT.  some of those were not his fault (WRs).  Michael Vick has 7 TDs and 5 INTs and yet is 5th in fantasy (in my league).  that is not average.  he also runs the ball.  Grothe is on pace to be near the most RUSHING TDs USF has ever had in a season!  stats and intangibles BOTH point to him being better than average.  he had a bad game, that is all.  oh, and Vick only has 2 rushing TDs, grothe has 7.

no, i am not saying he is michael vick.  what I am saying is you need to evaluate all the stats if thats all you are going to mention.  his stats are among the best in the nation compared to freshman QBs.  his stats are also among the best in the big east among QBs.

I should not have to defend him after 1 game.

and btw, I was one of the few pointing to grothe as one of the main reasons we lost because he seemed off all night (whether wind, cold, just one of those nights, etc).  that was to point out it wasnt just coaching, but that is another topic.  the point is I realize he had a bad game and was a large part (along with all the other players that made mistakes) of the reason we lost.  players play.  but it was just 1 game, so i guess we'll see in future games what happens.

Your vick analogy is terrible.  Vick is a great runner but a average if not below average QB.

QB Rating-73.2 (26th in the NFL)

TD Passes-7 (21st)

INT-5 (tie 17th)

Comp %-52.4% (32nd)

Passing Yards- 908 (last in the NFL)

Rush TD's-2

Also fantasy football is not a good barramoter of who is a good player in REAL games as a guy with 2 TD receptions as his only catches or 2 goaline rushing TD's will recieve more points then a player who works his team up and down the field  but doesnt find pay dirt.  The disparity between yardage and TD's in fantasy football makes it a terrible way to evaluate actual talent because  of the larger emphasis on TD's and not real performance.  I love the guy in madden and he can make big things happen with his legs but when it comes to throwing the ball hes pretty bad at times.    

But on topic i think Matt had a bad game but so did alot of other people (the WR's Both lines, coaches) Matt has been impressive as a freshman and he will make mistakes but thats part of the growing process. No Freshman QB comes in and plays like a 4 year starter all 4 years.  Matt has one great thing that cant be taught and thats that poise when the pressure is on and the charisma to just be natural leader.  Alot of sports fans are reactionary and will go overboard when people have bad games usually its just best to ignore them.    

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Thank God PJ is not our QB !!!!!

His High throws almost lost us 3 good recievers,

I haven't checked out the other two but the one that Taurus jumped for and got speared on wasn't high to begin with. Johnson slowed down and then had to speed up and jump to catch it. Maybe the wind did something to it ..... PJ should have probably thrown it sooner, though.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

I'll finish this post for the OP.

Grothe....

Needs to heal his nose and bounce back.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

How is Matt doing anyways?  Hope he's doing well and getting ready for Pitt.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187

Funny you ask. I live in the same building as him and just saw him no more than 5 minutes ago. He has two very noticeable scrapes on his nose, but other than that he seemed fine and looked to be on his way to class.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

Oh yea he's fine will be way ready for Pitt!!

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

One time when my Son was playing, The Coach told him he was good and would only get better.

I punched Him in the NOSE, you all R lucky MR.G is level headed, if it was my son I would follow your kids around a tell them how much they suck.

Hope MG helps us beat Pitt.  Maybe I'll adjust my position at that time.  

I think internet tough guys are cool.