• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

please fire rod smith

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Exactly!!!! Why the F are you all blaming Rod SMITH??? Leavitt has the option to veto some of these crazy calls.

Many people believe that Leavitt is a God-like figure.

not sure who you are talking about.

anyway, Grothe had a terrible game, taurus had a critical fumble, randolph did some questionable things.  thats not rod smith's fault.  grothe was missing open WRs on short pass plays all night.  wind or not, that's not rod smith's fault.  just a bad game.

fake punt was a good call and would have worked perfectly if mompremier makes that block on the ONLY guy that could have tackled teachey.  we needed 2 scores at that point and needed to make something happen and should have.  

bad game for a lot of guys.  truly disappointing, but cincy is a decent team that took advantage of our inept game.  what other calls would you change besides the run that ended in a safety (i wouldnt run there either but geez the guy on D went right through the line and hit Williams that broke his tackle only to go right into 2 other guys) and the 3rd and 19 call that i thought was giving up on the possession?  

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Exactly!!!! Why the F are you all blaming Rod SMITH??? Leavitt has the option to veto some of these crazy calls.

Leavitt has only minimal control over actual offensive execution.  This was disappointing indeed.  Season isn't over yet, but before we become a premier program, we HAVE TO BECOME A BETTER ROAD TEAM.

The worst member on our football staff is probably Rod Smith.  However, just like in fantasy football, you don't drop him until you can get something better there.  However, in the real world it also has to be something you can afford.

Dragging somebody up from lower ranks is a risk, and there isn't a ton of big names that would want to be our O coordinator.  It's not as easy as picking up a phone and dialing spurrier to magically become OC.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Ok...If we're going to blame Smith why not blame the D-Corindator for not doing anything to stop the run? Ya the defense held them under 300, but that because they didn't have to throw the ball. We were dominated on line again, and they controlled the clock and the game, just like Kansas did and just liek Rutgers did.

Point is this was a total team loss, and blaming Rod Smith is nothing more than most fans on here looking for a scapegoat because they don't want to face the fact that this team is still building (and acuiring talent) and has a few years before it is going to consistently win every game.

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

All of us who donate must unite and demand a change.  The boosters at the major programs make a difference, we can do the same.  Before anyone asks, I am a green jacket donor, but it doesn't matter if you give $50 or $10000, we need to have a say.

Are you crazy?? You think DW gives a hoot about your $1000 donation to allow you to have a say in the hiring and firing of coaches. Yes, your $1000 is alot more important to our athletic dept then say someone's $1000 donation to FSU or UF, but these boosters that have a say give atleast a million and probably multi-million dollars to the university. We may not have those at  USF yet, however if you want to go on a smaller scale you might need to pony up about $499,000 more than you do now to even have your voice heard.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488

We ARE very weak on the D-Line and O-Line.  Both physically (pushed around) and mentally (penalties).  

But the kids do try their best.  I guess that is all you could ask for until we upgrade in talent.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Ok...If we're going to blame Smith why not blame the D-Corindator for not doing anything to stop the run? Ya the defense held them under 300, but that because they didn't have to throw the ball. We were dominated on line again, and they controlled the clock and the game, just like Kansas did and just liek Rutgers did.

Point is this was a total team loss, and blaming Rod Smith is nothing more than most fans on here looking for a scapegoat because they don't want to face the fact that this team is still building (and acuiring talent) and has a few years before it is going to consistently win every game.

I do think the loss of Kravits at def cordinator hurt our D, the tackling has been horrid this year and I just don't see quite the aggressiveness that I have in the past. Interestingly enough though I thought they played better last night then they have all season.

I hated the Smith promotion and I'm trying very hard to contain myself and not call for his head. I do think he has done a marginally better job this year but is it attributable to improved job performance or just having better talent? Personally I'm going to try and reserve judgement on that until after I see him play the better teams in the league. After all it doesn't take a great or even good coach to win games against lesser opponents as we have done so far and we just laid an egg against a team that I felt was along the same talent level (maybe a bit lower) then us. A great coach however is able to get athletes to consistently play above their heads and now that he doesn't have PJ to blame for every bad game we'll find out exactly what type of coach he is after the final two games of the season.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

This showing was an entire TEAM loss. From the poor coaching to mistakes on both offense and defense, and special teams. From what I have seen, this team plays when they want to play. It's a Jekyll and Hyde situation. It seemed like they were ill prepared for Cincy, they overlooked them, and totally thought they could just play mediocre and walk with a W. Cincy came to play. They hit hard, they pursued, they had D back WHO COULD TACKLE, they wanted it more than we did. Mediocre only gets you what you deserve...mediocrity. Maybe that is suffiecient for this team. Maybe they are comfortable with being just average. It is my hope that we get it together, and get that fire again. Other teams have got it? It meaning the "heart."  Which team are we?  :-/

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  339

1st and 10 on the one yard line and we run=safety

How do you give the ball to B. Williams in this situation????  Look, I appreciate him coming in and working hard after we lost our top 2 RBs, but he is nowhere near the talent that Ponton is right now.  Ponton is our best/only option at running back.  I saw the coaching staff go to B. Williams on several key situations, most of which ended badly.

Do they really think that Williams should be getting most of our 1st half rushes?  Do they think he gives us a better running game than Ponton?  Or are they starting him over Ponton because of the suspension?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  339

what the hell is going on?

Horrible offensive strategy.  Horrible playcalling.

Cinci has played against top talent in the country and their rushing defense is ranked #20 (will be even higher).  We couldn't run the ball against FIU, UCF, or Kansas.  Coaching staff thinks we're going to be able to run against cinci?  At one point in the game they showed a stat saying that we'd run the ball 13 times and thrown twice.  If we were going to be unbalanced in this game, I would have expected it would be mostly passing, because that is where cinici's weakness was.  Our weakness continues to be our running game.  

Yes the whole team played bad last night, but it was still a poorly called game by RS.  I'll wait until after the season before I start calling for a firing.