• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

please fire rod smith

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Add the fake punt to the excellent play calling.  I can't fault RS completely since CJL can easily override any call, he does have a headset on.  

how can you fire smith and not leavitt

smith has leavitt's blessing

smith isnt calling anything leavitt doesnt want

the game plan should have been to pass,pass and pass

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rod Smith has to go...

HA HA

you guys are totally freakin crazy.

we have never really been a very good road team.

rod smith is not the problem...

we are soft up front.  i think we are outsized personally.

plus we are a very inexperience team ....for some reason we never ever play well on the road.

im still a little shocked we beat that awful UNC team.

our lines and on both sides of the ball need to get bigger and stronger.we are too small and cant control the line of scrimmage against average teams.

Exactly!!!! Why the F are you all blaming Rod SMITH??? Leavitt has the option to veto some of these crazy calls.

Leavitt has only minimal control over actual offensive execution.  This was disappointing indeed.  Season isn't over yet, but before we become a premier program, we HAVE TO BECOME A BETTER ROAD TEAM.

The worst member on our football staff is probably Rod Smith.  However, just like in fantasy football, you don't drop him until you can get something better there.  However, in the real world it also has to be something you can afford.

Dragging somebody up from lower ranks is a risk, and there isn't a ton of big names that would want to be our O coordinator.  It's not as easy as picking up a phone and dialing spurrier to magically become OC.

Exactly!!!! Why the F are you all blaming Rod SMITH??? Leavitt has the option to veto some of these crazy calls.

Leavitt has only minimal control over actual offensive execution.  This was disappointing indeed.  Season isn't over yet, but before we become a premier program, we HAVE TO BECOME A BETTER ROAD TEAM.

The worst member on our football staff is probably Rod Smith.  However, just like in fantasy football, you don't drop him until you can get something better there.  However, in the real world it also has to be something you can afford.

Dragging somebody up from lower ranks is a risk, and there isn't a ton of big names that would want to be our O coordinator.  It's not as easy as picking up a phone and dialing spurrier to magically become OC.

arkansas hired a high school coach to run their offense

\

this isnt astrophysics-  there are thousands of football coaches that could straighten out usf's offensive woes including me

but bulls are inneed of a special teams coach also

cinncinati is a below average team that usf should have beat

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

Add the fake punt to the excellent play calling.  I can't fault RS completely since CJL can easily override any call, he does have a headset on.  
how can you fire smith and not leavitt

um, let's see (try to follow me here if you can)

first: tell Smith he is fired

second: that's it, your done

If that was a bit too complex let me know and I'll try to simplify it for you

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

I don't see why we ran so much, knowing they had top 20 rush defense.  It really makes me wonder sometimes.  Most of his calls are crap, I won't say all because there have been some calls that have even stunned me, but for the most part they suck.  They just don't make sense.  "Oh it's 3rd down and 19...I think I'll have the QB run it...".  Come on, they need to start getting a big creative with the calls!

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I don't see why we ran so much, knowing they had top 20 rush defense.  It really makes me wonder sometimes.  Most of his calls are crap, I won't say all because there have been some calls that have even stunned me, but for the most part they suck.  They just don't make sense.  "Oh it's 3rd down and 19...I think I'll have the QB run it...".  Come on, they need to start getting a big creative with the calls!

We ran a lot because it was really windy, and it was difficult to really spread the offense by airing out the ball. Grutza isn't a bad passer, and he didn't air it out all that much either. Cinci totally ran the ball down our throats, and we just couldn't get the ball going. Their d-line and lb core was blitzing the entire night, and we weren't adjusting our offensive scheme.

I think I've had enough of Cinci, bring on Pitt for homecoming.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

how about this

the next time rod smith drops a pass on 3rd and long HE'S GONE

How about this?  Ultimately, a coach is responsible for how the men he puts on the field play.  I've seen coaches fired because key players got injured and it cost the team games.  You want to keep Rod because the PLAYER dropped it?  What kind of accountability is that?  Why not just let me coach?  I would never be wrong by your logic!  After all, the one throwing the pick wouldn't be ME.  The one missing blocks wouldnt be ME either.

That said, we need to replace rod with a QUALITY OC, at the END of the season.  If we fail in either of those regards, it's going to hurt the team.

usfpdiddy-obviously pbbf is new to usf football.wrs dropping balls has been an ongoing problem the last couple of years. that needs to be addressed this offseason

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

usfpdiddy-obviously pbbf is new to usf football.wrs dropping balls has been an ongoing problem the last couple of years. that needs to be addressed this offseason

Dropping balls has been a problem over the years however anyone who has watched this year can see that this is one of the most improved areas on the team. Our recievers have been playing great this year and the drops have been very minimal.

I will say though that I am in the camp that believes execution IS coached. Good coaching does lead to solid execution and when there is a consistent lack of it on the field I do believe that it's the coaches fault. This has been my main problem with our offensive coaches for years. Things seem to be better this year but we really won't get a true feel until after we get through the better competition coming up.