• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Athletic Director Announcement

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

He gave a HC an extension after one of the worst seasons in USF history only to have to fire him 8 months later. I'll be honest I would have resigned in shame if I was Doug after that -- that really was enough.

He also presides over an athletic office that is just grossly incompetent. They send out promotional deals and then don't follow through, they communicate events AFTER they have occurred, this is the core of his job.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475

Has Judy Genshaft ever been asked specifically about the Holtz extension and why it didn't cost Woolard his job? How many millions of dollars did that cost USF athletics? For something that was absolutely unjustifiable?

That extension was the biggest decision of Skip Holtz's tenure, and it was an absolutely horrible one that is unequivocally a horrible failure.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Has Judy Genshaft ever been asked specifically about the Holtz extension and why it didn't cost Woolard his job? How many millions of dollars did that cost USF athletics? For something that was absolutely unjustifiable?

That extension was the biggest decision of Skip Holtz's tenure, and it was an absolutely horrible one that is unequivocally a horrible failure.

The extension was justifiable in some circles, including to the BOT member whose email was publicized ... and wouldn't you think JG had to sign off on it?

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369

Judy hasn't been asked, but Doug has. He says Skip had credible offers from other programs which I find impossible to believe.. well I mean he Louser Tech might have been interested but I don't think Notre Dame was calling. Can you imagine the risk of bringing a guy in who had so under performed at USF to a larger name program?

Anyway kind of like all the rest of the silliness Doug falls for he fell for it to and honestly in the environment of conference realignment and given Doug's already weak leadership skills I am sure he was leading a culture of fear.

Right, I know what was said at the time. But we now have hindsight and can see that it was a horrible failure, perspectives change. It SHOULD be the case that Woolard tied his own job security at USF to that of Holtz with that extension - if it had worked out, he looks brilliant, but it didn't work out, and he should be fired just like Holtz was.

I don't see Genshaft give many interviews in general anyway, so I'm not expecting there to have been something. Just asking.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The day Woolard fire Holtz he should have been fired also.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Worst contract extension in the history of college sports

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Judy hasn't been asked, but Doug has. He says Skip had credible offers from other programs which I find impossible to believe.. well I mean he Louser Tech might have been interested but I don't think Notre Dame was calling. Can you imagine the risk of bringing a guy in who had so under performed at USF to a larger name program?

Anyway kind of like all the rest of the silliness Doug falls for he fell for it to and honestly in the environment of conference realignment and given Doug's already weak leadership skills I am sure he was leading a culture of fear.

He didn't, I know.  "Little-man-in-a-big-job" created the whole illusion himself.....it did not exist.  He made Holtz feel obligated to sign it and frankly who wouldn't, he was getting more money percentage wise for his assistants, who from my perspective were already grossly overpaid.  I liked Skip as a man but disliked him immensely as a HC, most especially for his commitment to an old buddy named Chris Cosh. Extremely bad move Skippy. But DW is the snake in the grass in this story (and the one involving Leavitt) and he found a way to extend his contract to retirement and has been fleecing this University for millions over the past ten years while gladly taking unwarranted praise from many on this blog. The guys a charlatan of the highest order. JMHO BTW!

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The extension was justifiable in some circles, including to the BOT member whose email was publicized ... and wouldn't you think JG had to sign off on it?

Doug is evil.  Skip is evil.  Jim walks on water.  

Trying to convince anyone on here of anything different is about as easy as turning water into wine.

Are you joking? There are plenty of people here who were and still are happy to see Jim Leavitt gone. I see you've only been a member of this board for a few months - there was a whole separate forum created at the time of the Leavitt debacle for the two sides to have that never-ending argument.

Also, compared to Skip Holtz, Jim Leavitt DOES walk on water.