• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

With Clubhouse and Bull Ring full...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

I don't find LRS expensive at all, I think the fact that place looks kind of fancy might give people the wrong impression.  They do have $18+ steaks but you don't have to order them.  Most of their items are less than $10.  

Here, see for yourself:

http://www.leeroyselmons.com/dinner.asp

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

I won't go to GAYtors either, I don't care why they are named that, it's not my problem.  I wouldn't go to Peckers when they existed either.

LRS really isn't that expensive and you're supporting someone who is involved in USF football from not only day one, but day zero!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

I don't find LRS expensive at all, I think the fact that place looks kind of fancy might give people the wrong impression.  They do have $18+ steaks but you don't have to order them.  Most of their items are less than $10.  

Here, see for yourself:

http://www.leeroyselmons.com/dinner.asp

It's pretty much a decision on where you want to spend three plus hours. Either in a sports bar atmosphere, or in a restaurant.  LRS isn't expensive, by any means...just a different atmosphere than you'd have at Capognas/Club House.

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

Hey guys:

Just a couple thoughts.  The Clubhouse will always be were we try to push the students to.  He has been a great supporter of the Bulls Club and SBC.  

Also, the capacity issues may not be a weekly thing.  Remember last weeks game was on ESPNU only which isn't available in most households in the area.  This weeks game will be on ESPN so I think more people will stay at home and watch it from the comfort of their own home....plus it is on Sunday night.

My guess is we won't necessarily see all the same issues you saw last week.  Beyond that here are my thoughts although my opinion doesn't matter.

Gators - I like the food (except for the nachos) and the viewing, but the name.  I KNOW....it's a chain and they don't have a choice.  But I can't get over it.  :)

Winners - used to live up that way and only went there twice.  It's the darkest place I've ever been in and don't recall having good views of a television.

Selmon's - they are being good to us every where else but as grif will tell you we had an issue with them back a few years turning our game off for UF-FSU.  Would be willing to go that route again.

Beef's - I have a hard time believing the owners of this place actually want it to be a sports bar.  I mentioned in the other thread about them not having the NCAA Tournament package.  What kind of sports bar is that.

Rocky's - 20 people....tops!

So I guess my preferences in order from a Bulls Club stand point would be:

Selmons, Winners, Gators, Beef's, Rocky's

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,463
  • Days Won:  25

Beef's on Hillsborough Ave.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Listen, it dosen't matter if the place is called Gaytors or not... It could be called Chief Sissy-ola's for all I give a ****. What you want to do is make it known that the Mighty USF BULLS will be repersented there and we aint gonna take no lip from no sissy lizard fans !!!  

The location is not half as important as the FANS that attend it. With that in mind, GO BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  159

Eric,

Thanks for mentioning the New Tampa Selmons.  I will NEVER EVER spend a minute in that place ever again, let alone spend any money.  Although, I do frequent their location in Westshore.  Its not an issue I have with the corporation but rather the loser manager who changed every decent TV to the UF game when the bar was clearly dominate by Bulls.  And, yes, the Bulls game was still on and was somewhere in the middle of the 3rd Quarter.  I almost forgot, it was an official watch party site for your USF Bulls, too.  I dont blame anyone for this except the manager.  

If you are a true Bull fan, then you should not go to that location.  

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Eric,

Thanks for mentioning the New Tampa Selmons.  I will NEVER EVER spend a minute in that place ever again, let alone spend any money.  Although, I do frequent their location in Westshore.  Its not an issue I have with the corporation but rather the loser manager who changed every decent TV to the UF game when the bar was clearly dominate by Bulls.  And, yes, the Bulls game was still on and was somewhere in the middle of the 3rd Quarter.  I almost forgot, it was an official watch party site for your USF Bulls, too.  I dont blame anyone for this except the manager.  

If you are a true Bull fan, then you should not go to that location.  

How long ago was this?

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  159

Either 2 or 3 seasons ago.