• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's Tampa Campus Master Plan (In Color)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

So, if we have the Sundome to the north, a parking garage to the east...

*west*

Quite right!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Our fans have grown complacent to the realities of college football by playing in RayJay.  At schools that have OCS, people park everywhere and actually (GASP) walk to the stadium.  In fact, that would do more for our campus than anything else, by getting alumni to walk around campus, see the changes, and hopefully get involved.

When I went to the USF at Kentucky game a few years ago, I had to park a couple neighborhoods away and walk.  Hopefully our planning fully accounts for parking needs, but, yeah, certainly there will be new experiences.  Much welcomed new experiences.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

placeholder? do tell. stadium location?

Yes, this has been beaten to death in the past.  Some have actually put stadiums on the top to see what it would look like (like putting other school stadiums on top of the dotted lines).

USF is just putting it there as a place holder, but it may not even be the location IF we ever do get one *on campus*.

I posted this to show the master plan in color... not necessarily to show the place holder.

It's incredible to see what the campus will look like in 5 to 20 years.

Let's not forget about the pharmacy and dental schools...

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

So, if we have the Sundome to the north, a parking garage to the east...

*west*

Quite right!

;)

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah, i never knew about tailgating across the whole campus... that's sounds great!!! I've never been to a tailgate besides USF.

Ok... I've got a few bucks... who wants to take a trip to The Home Depot with me. We can finish the statdium by next year!  :D

Go Bulls!!!

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  622

Yeah, i never knew about tailgating across the whole campus... that's sounds great!!! I've never been to a tailgate besides USF.

Ok... I've got a few bucks... who wants to take a trip to The Home Depot with me. We can finish the statdium by next year!  :D

Go Bulls!!!

hahaha...i can spare a few bucks here and there for our campus

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  213

There's one thing on the plan I absolutely hate -- the traffic circle off the main entrance.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642

I work for an architecture and engineering firm.  My firm actually did the deisgn of multiple buildings and spots on campus (education building 2, akron center (name?), MLK plaza, new chem building, etc.).  I got to asking around about if anyone knew of an updated master plan hoping to find info about a possible OCS.  I was with one of the planners I work with when we came across this MP.  I was also able to get from talking to him that typically as a planner, long-term means 20 years.  Of course this is all tentative, but it will most likely happen and be at least 80% representative of the MP that is shown here (baring no updates).  Plus the place holder was pretty huge.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

Go Bulls!!!

hahaha...i can spare a few bucks here and there for our campus

I have connections with Habitat for Humanity  ;)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

Oh ... and Thanx for posting this.

P.S. I know one of the producers for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition also.  ;D