• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just HOW BIG is Saturday's game?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,493
  • Days Won:  13

YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE TO KANSAS WE WOULD HAVE WON

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Its a big win for the program, but not essential for a good season.  Every Big East game is more important than this one.  We still technically could win the BE, although I don't see it happening.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

the next three games are HUGE we need to win out, do that and we are going bowling lose even one of the three and we may have a hard time getting a bid The PITT game is a must win for two reason:

a) We are not going to go to a bowl with only 3 conference wins and winning in UL and WV will be tough so we must take care of things in our house

B) I freaking HATE Pitt

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,775
  • Days Won:  3

While the BE games carry more internal weight,

we also need to start tallying some road wins

against non-conf BCS schools.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044

Its a big win for the program, but not essential for a good season.  Every Big East game is more important than this one.  We still technically could win the BE, although I don't see it happening.

It is essential for the season because if we can't beat UNC on the road it proves that we can't win on the road (UCF doesn't count).  It makes us have a most likely record of 6 - 6 (although I bet it'd be worse) which would make us bowl elidgeable, but not likely to go to a bowl.  We aren't renound for brining 20k fan's to an away game or even a bowl game.  It's not about the best teams going to bowls, it's about how much money the bowls will make.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

I disagree Joe.  A loss to an ACC bottom feeder makes USF and the BE look bad.  

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

This is a MUST win game for USF.  If we could have somehow pulled out either the RU or KU game then this game is not a MUST win...it would have only been a statement win.  But as it stands right now, we have not beaten any very good team.  UNC does not qualify as a very good team but it is a BCS team on the road, and that says something.  If we want to go bowling we must win this game.  If we want respect we must win this game.  As someone else said.  If we lose this game then flush this season down the toilet because we aren't going anywhere.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

losing to a team you should beat woould be very bad

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759

Losing to UNC would be bad, but you missed my point.  Every Big East game is worth more than this UNC game.  You can't deny that.  Our season is made during the Conference Schedule.  We could end up in the BCS if we win the Big East.  Beating UNC has nothing to do with that.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

It all depends on our little buddy Ricky Williams giving us the balance on offense... I mean Ricky Ponton   ;D