• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Info on UNC parking and tailgate?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Guys…

I remember seeing a link on here somewhere about parking for the UNC game.  I think this link also had info on the tailgating rules for the game.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

^^^ Thanks!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

I am still clueless as to what we are going to do as far as tailgating......any suggestions?  I hate playing stuff like this by ear, I like to be organized!  I tried asking some questions on the Tarheel board, but didn't get any help there.

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

It is my understanding that the UNC campus is dry and therefor tailgating is dry as well.  

Eric

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

It is my understanding that the UNC campus is dry and therefor tailgating is dry as well.  

Eric

From what I've read it is a dry county as well.  You have to join the "private clubs" to get served at a local establishment.  But I have to imagine some fans park somewhere to tailgate, even if you have to sneak a pour here and there!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3

Tailgating is almost non-existant in Chapel Hill, but I will tell ya'll a little secret if you are driving:

Near Columbia St and Franklin St (more or less the northwest corner of UNC's campus) there is a private parking lot that opens early, allows tailgating and is run by some nice folks.  The stadium is about a fifteen minute walk through the Carolina campus -- look for the bell tower or just ask someone.  You can have a great time in those private lots.  Should cost you 8-10 bucks to park, but you will be out of traffic, very near the restaurants and bars of Chapel Hill and should be able to have a great time.  Get there early and it will be all Bulls -- Tar Heels notoriously arrive late and leave early.  They have a really nice stadium that has a lot of fans disguised as aluminum bleachers.  You will see when you go what I mean.

DO NOT WALK AROUND CHAPEL HILL WITH AN OPEN CONTAINER OF ALCOHOL ESPECIALLY ON CAMPUS.  You've been warned.

Good luck.  Y'all can win this game, trust me on that.

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

If staying at a hotel in Raleigh, is one better to take a cab to the game or to drive if they have a rental car. I was not sure on the traffic situation and what a cab ride would cost, could someone please advise.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

Tailgating with no beer?