• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Info on UNC parking and tailgate?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

It's not a dry county....just the [highlight]campus[/highlight] itself.

http://www.med.unc.edu/alcohol/prevention/law.html

According to their website, parking is a premium (at least close to the stadium).

You may want to review that site and think in terms of uing the

park-n-rides available.  I hate having to navigate a new region on a timeline.

Then again, I don't know what constitutes a "long walk"...to me, if it's under

a mile, it's close...8-)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

It's not a dry county....just the [highlight]campus[/highlight] itself.

http://www.med.unc.edu/alcohol/prevention/law.html

Ahh I see.  Didn't look too much into it, but I did notice that all of the places downtown that serve alcohol were "membership" or "private club" types of places.  I assumed that was what was meant by dry county.  Sorry, it's a foreign concept to me!  

That private parking lot deal that Alpha described sounds like a pretty decent idea.  I checked it out on google maps and it doesn't look too far away from the stadium.  Plus the weather will be nice enough to not mind the walk.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407

Bullswinbucswin,   where are you staying and can you post a map of this possible tailgate location?   Don't forget to also pack sweatshirt we will be tailgating in 40's degree weather!   We will be starting out from doubletree suites (Durham)..

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  698
  • Days Won:  0

We are staying at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel and just plan on getting our pre-game on, in there...

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

Tailgating with no beer?

Where is the SBC parking at?

You're going with them, right?

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567

Bullswinbucswin,   where are you staying and can you post a map of this possible tailgate location?   Don't forget to also pack sweatshirt we will be tailgating in 40's degree weather!   We will be starting out from doubletree suites (Durham)..

I'm pretty sure I'm staying at the Comfort Inn University.  I believe it is just off of I40.  Not sure as I did not make the reservations.  But as far as the tailgate place, Alpha Wolf had suggested earlier in this thread a private lot that is close to Columbia St and Franklin St.  If you go to maps.google.com, and enter "Chapel Hill, NC" the arrow coincidentally points directly on that intersection.  Not sure exactly where the place is, Alpha just said that it is near that intersection.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

I've been in touch with my friend a Chapel Hill (USF Grad) and it looks as though our plans are to "tailgate" in the establishments that populate Franklin Street--the strip adjacent to campus--where spirits are high and alcohol is legal.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  473

Tailgating is almost non-existant in Chapel Hill, but I will tell ya'll a little secret if you are driving:

Near Columbia St and Franklin St (more or less the northwest corner of UNC's campus) there is a private parking lot that opens early, allows tailgating and is run by some nice folks.  The stadium is about a fifteen minute walk through the Carolina campus -- look for the bell tower or just ask someone.  

Directions

I-40 to exit 270 West toward Chapel Hill

Yahoo maps shows it as N. Fordham Blvd or Durham-Chapel Hill Blvd

Stay to the right as the road divides to become E. Franklin St.

E. Franklin St. crosses S. Columbia St.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2

I am a UNC fan and live in Chapel Hill.  I hesitate to offer any help due to the dook and state fans here but because USF is a new guest, here's my advice.  Forget a taxi from Raleigh or anywhere.  Drive and use the pubic parking lots or private lots on Franklin St. or Rosemay St., which run parallel to Franklin.  You can tailgate in any of them.  Cost should be no more than $10.  Open containers are a real no-no in town or on campus.  Just put it in a cup and cool it and you should be ok.  The campus is "dry", except for private clubs or functions.  Plenty of tailgating is around despite what others say.  If you prefer  not to tailgate you will find plenty of places to eat and drink along Franklin St.  At Top of the Hill on the corner of Franklin and Columbia you may see your school flag flying.  They generally do this for visiting teams.   To get to the stadium walk through the older part of the campus, which ajoins Franlkin St.  The campus is old, lots of old oak trees and brick sidewalks.  Tar Heel town will be in full fling until 45 minutes to kick off and is located on your walk, in Polk Place beyond South Building and the Old Well.  The Bell Tower is near the stadium and easy to spot.  The stadium itself is surrounded by trees and is a great setting.  Enjoy your visit to "The Southern Part of Heaven".  Good Luck.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

I am a UNC fan and live in Chapel Hill.  I hesitate to offer any help due to the dook and state fans here but because USF is a new guest, here's my advice.  Forget a taxi from Raleigh or anywhere.  Drive and use the pubic parking lots or private lots on Franklin St. or Rosemay St., which run parallel to Franklin.  You can tailgate in any of them.  Cost should be no more than $10.  Open containers are a real no-no in town or on campus.  Just put it in a cup and cool it and you should be ok.  The campus is "dry", except for private clubs or functions.  Plenty of tailgating is around despite what others say.  If you prefer  not to tailgate you will find plenty of places to eat and drink along Franklin St.  At Top of the Hill on the corner of Franklin and Columbia you may see your school flag flying.  They generally do this for visiting teams.   To get to the stadium walk through the older part of the campus, which ajoins Franlkin St.  The campus is old, lots of old oak trees and brick sidewalks.  Tar Heel town will be in full fling until 45 minutes to kick off and is located on your walk, in Polk Place beyond South Building and the Old Well.  The Bell Tower is near the stadium and easy to spot.  The stadium itself is surrounded by trees and is a great setting.  Enjoy your visit to "The Southern Part of Heaven".  Good Luck.

Thanks... and don't worry, I'm a Bull first.  I'm a grad student at Duke and therefore they are my second favorite team/school.

Thanks for the info again.