• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

With Ponton, Chambers, and J. Julmiste back,...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

did you see last two games?

usf's win was in 2001

out of big east's top 20 recruits pitt has 8 usf had one(leslie stirrups)

hey,i may be wrong.hope so

that is why they play the game

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JulmisteForPrez

From what I have seen, WVU is SIGNIFICANTLY stronger than Louisville.

I have only seen WVU on the tube so far this year obviously, but I went in-person to see Louisville underachieve at MTSU this past week.  They are good, don't get me wrong.  But they are FAR from unbeatable.  If we are ready for them, healthy, and our key performers play like key performers, I can see us coming away with a win up at the house that pizza built.

And by the way, I'll be in attendance at the "Pizza Palace" in November, and I hate to think about going up there to see us get laughed off the field.

If we can go on a run with lots of momentum going into that game, I like our chances.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

I don't believe Pitt will be close.  Tyler Palko will do major damage against our soft covering corner unless USF finds away to put pressure on the QB.  The other two games that concern me is @Cinci & @UNC to a much lesser extent.  I am concerned with the national TV game on a Sunday nite vs Cinci.  USF has not been good on national TV and on the road.  Double wammie @ Cinci.  Julmiste better be able to rush the QB 'cuz the pressure has been below par.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642

when does brohm return?

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

Good News:

Getting these three back is a real boost to depth.  I expect these three to make an immediate impact on the field.  

Bad News:

The competetion only gets tougher from here out:

- On paper, UNC is the only sure thing game left.  

- Cincinnatti is looking stronger than expected this season.  

- Pittsburgh will has plenty of weapons on both sides of the ball.  I wouldn't be surprised if they creep back into the ratings before homecoming.  

- Syracuse is looking like they're on the upswing, tell me they won't be pumped after the spanking the Bulls put on them last year, not to mention it's sandwiched between Pitt and Louisville... all the trappings of a "landmine" game.

- I don't even need to mention the brutal two game finish.  

All that being said, USF does have an honest shot to beat anyone left on the schedule, WVa included.  This team is really starting to look good.  The talent gap between USF and the "Big 3" is narrowing quickly.    

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

I'm kind of scared of Pitt.

Beware guys, they've got a tough team.  We've lost the last two meetings and I'm not sure we've ever beaten them.

USF is 1-2 vs Pitt, 0-1 in conference play. USF lost last year 31-17 at Pitt. In USF's last C-USA season (2004), USF lost 43-14 to #21/19 Pitt at home. In USF's first season of I-A play (as indepedent), USF beat Pitt 35-26 at Pitt. Blackwell was great in that game.  

Thank god it's homecoming so we should have a monster crowd (hopefully the 50K but more realistically 35K - 40K).

USF has averaged 35,193 for homecoming games. The last two seasons, USF increased attendance at Homecoming, with last year's WVU game at 45,274.

And God willing Bulls go into West Virginia 9-2!!!

I hope so, but I think the Bulls will be 5-6 going into that game.  :(

Kizarvexis